Easy way to uninstall stock apps on rooted D2?

dast

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is super redundant...

Does anyone know of an easy way to remove stock apps on a rooted D2 without using some kind of root file explorer and manually mucking with the filesystem? I've seen some suggested apps (like appbrain app market) that ppl have suggested as tools to remove apps, but so far none of them I've tried will let me uninstall system/stock apps.

Anyone have any advice?

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
install Launcher Pro and use it instead of MotoBlur. It won't actually remove the stock apps but it gives you the option to hide them in the app drawer. The only way your going to get rid of the stock apps is to root and flash a custom ROM, which I'm not sure is possible for the Droid 2 at this time.

ImBlinkedOut

Reaction score
Look into titanium backup in the market. It has a chuck Norris mode that let me uninstall system apps. I'm not sure if you have to be rooted though. Also you can back up all your apps with that app incase you delete something important.

joseph.ferris

Reaction score
Second vote for Titanium Backup. Freeze and uninstall are available in the paid/donate version. If there is one app that you buy, it is the one I recommend.

I was able to Freeze most of the things that I wanted to get rid of after doing a backup to my microSD card and putting it on Dropbox for safekeeping. The one thing that I could not Freeze was that damned Amazon MP3 application. I just bit the bullet and uninstalled that one.

If you use TB, after Freezing applications, remember to restart your phone so that the icons will disappear from the launcher. ;-)

OP
D

dast

Reaction score
Thanks, gentlemen. I'll give that a shot.

Regards