Question

kyuubifreak

Reaction score
Hi, i have a question. my update is not until Aug, i think, so it is possible for me to get the Droid X earlier? also which plan is best? I am deaf so I need unlimited data and text but not talk plan. i am currently paying 85 a month for my BB curve 8330. also does the Droid X have vibrate mode?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, find out when you upgraded to your current phone. verizon makes you eligible to renew/upgrade/whatever a few months before you actually got your phone. for example, if you got your phone in aug 2008, you should be eligible to upgrade in june (maybe april, can't remember if it's 20 or 22 months) of 2010. so if you got your phone in aug '08 (assuming a 2-yr contract), you are good to go by now.

and yes, it has vibrate functionality for everything (and if not, there are apps that control that)

welcome to the forum!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as for plans: with verizon, you MUST have the $29.99 unlimited data plan (at least) with any smartphone. just get the cheapest talk plan with unlimited texts... mine runs just under $100/mo with insurance

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes I'm hoping that I will be able to upgrade to the X on the 15th also (got Droid either on launch day weekend or week after)

OP
K

kyuubifreak

Reaction score
i get my phone in april of 2009 but my aunt told me that she will give me her update. how can i find if i can update? email verizon?
I just find out that i can get plan lot cheaper at 54 dollar a month if i can prove that i am deaf.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi, i have a question. my update is not until Aug, i think, so it is possible for me to get the Droid X earlier? also which plan is best? I am deaf so I need unlimited data and text but not talk plan. i am currently paying 85 a month for my BB curve 8330. also does the Droid X have vibrate mode?

Are you the only line on the account? Primary? 85 a month isn't bad for a smartphone honestly. Monthly, the cost should be the exact same for all smartphones. Try customer service to see if they can offer you a text and data only plan..I believe they have one but am unsure of the cost. Yes, pretty much all phones have vibrate now so you should be fine.

OP
K

kyuubifreak

Reaction score

Are you the only line on the account? Primary? 85 a month isn't bad for a smartphone honestly. Monthly, the cost should be the exact same for all smartphones. Try customer service to see if they can offer you a text and data only plan..I believe they have one but am unsure of the cost. Yes, pretty much all phones have vibrate now so you should be fine.

I am on my mother's plan, i was previous under my aunt's family plan

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I see. Is she the primary? Or are you? Are you guys on a Verizon plan or still Alltel?

OP
K

kyuubifreak

Reaction score

I see. Is she the primary? Or are you? Are you guys on a Verizon plan or still Alltel?

She is primary since my aunt had transfered me to moms plan. we are Verizon.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
She is primary since my aunt had transfered me to moms plan. we are Verizon.[/QUOTE]

You should be good to go then.

Signum

Reaction score
theres a $35 calling plan that includes unlimited texting and voice is 45 cents a minute if used. add 29.99 to that and your bill will be around $65 and taxes per month.

OP
K

kyuubifreak

Reaction score
Thanks! i will check with Verizon, could i call them or email them? I want have Droid X so bad! how can i get droid through rebate?