Droid X on Sprint network possible?

x_orange90_x

Reaction score
someone i work with is getting rid of a Verizon Droid X because they are getting a new phone. he told me if i can get it to work on my network he would sell it to me. i currently have Sprint and am on their Everything Data plan which is unlimited everything. my question is, can i get this Droid X to work on my current plan with Sprint? and if so can i get everything to work such as voice, data, MMS and SMS?

i have no experience in flashing phones or doing anything similar.. but i am confident that with proper instruction i could successfully do so, granted its even possible.

any help is appreciated! thanks

HayWire

Reaction score
No as they use a different type of cdma then.Verizon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

phishfi

Reaction score
In theory, the DX works perfectly on Sprint's network. However, the provider you switch to has to allow that esn to connect to their network, and the DX has to be configured to connect the their list of towers and frequencies. Sprint/Verizon VERY RARELY allow outside devices on their network, and i'd bet a huge sum of cash that there's no easy way to get the system configured properly onto your DX... also, take this from someone who just switched from paying $96 to $135 /month to go to the DX from Sprint.... Verizon is better. Faster, better devices, simpler website. Just costs more and get less minutes....

Sent from my "Stock" DX

snowbdr89

Reaction score
dont shame the dx by even putting it in the same sentence with sprint!!

phishfi

Reaction score
By the way, the evo lost against the DX in every category, best bet is to just make the switch....

Sent from my "Stock" DX

csimo

Reaction score
The Droid X is 100% capable of operating on the Sprint network, but it's Sprint's policy to not activate any phone that doesn't say "Sprint" on it.

I know of one person that did activate a Droid 1 on Sprint. He went to a Sprint reseller (not corporate store) and gave the guy $50 to activate it (above the Sprint fees). His data didn't work until he changed some settings but it seems to work ok now.

jfelipe

Reaction score
Due to configuration it is possible, in order to flash droid x to any carrier you should use QPST and flash a NV item, I'm in a hurry but tomorrow I'll explain you guys how to flash it in to any carrier :)

xliderider

Reaction score
Due to configuration it is possible, in order to flash droid x to any carrier you should use QPST and flash a NV item, I'm in a hurry but tomorrow I'll explain you guys how to flash it in to any carrier :)

Although it is *possible*, as stated earlier in this thread, it doesn't do any good unless Sprint's servers recognizes the MEID as a valid one. If the MEID is not in the Sprint system, then you still have a nice pda that can't make any calls or connect with the network.