Question

RoNYC

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance in the matter.

For argument sake:

A person buys 2 droids at bogo, he has to purchase plans for both phones. BUT decides he does not want the other line, can he keep the phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No argument here. I was researching something similar earlier. You need a plan for both phones. You should be able to activate the second phone on the same account but either way it's still a 2 year commitment.

OP
RoNYC

RoNYC

Reaction score
Bottom line, the person is trying to find a way to give the second phone to another person who is in the middle of contract but wants the new phone.

Joker

Reaction score
Not 100% sure about this, but if you cancel the 2nd phone line before your 2 yrs are up you will need to pay the termination fee as well. However, I do believe you can keep the phone.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Yes, if its verizon a 175 termination fee is charged. But hell, in the same matter, its almost 600 for the phone. Do the math :)

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can cancel the line for the second phone but you Have to pay the early termination fee. The early termination fee for a smartphone on a 2 year plan is $350. There is no way around this. Sorry. I was thinking about the same thing over a year ago.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk