question re card

ebean

Reaction score
is this card a removeable storage card like the one i use on my treo? i back up my treo on that card every day - and it has saved me a few times when EVERYTHING crashed.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
on the motorola droid, yes. not sure about on the HTC.. the moto ships with a 16GB card in the slot, but will support the 32GB cards when they come out.

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
holey....i hope i'm not jinxing myself but this may be the phone of my dreams.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
holy expletive is right.. i just spent a bazillion dollars for an 8GB card for my blackberry, and this thing SHIPS with 16GB? that's freaking cool.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you think a 16GB card would be expensive to buy.. wait till you see the beginning prices of the 32GB.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you think a 16GB card would be expensive to buy.. wait till you see the beginning prices of the 32GB.

unless the motorola will play world of warcraft (wouldn't surprise me), i will most likely never have any use for a 32GB card though.. that's way too much music to carry around..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wait, sooner or later your phone will have like 6 mini usb plugs, that allow for the integration of keyboards and mice, and will be able to remotely sync with a monitor (holy f**k that would be awesome) (BT monitor... *drools*)... then your phone will no longer be a phone but a portable computer.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol and a 20 minute battery life with six powered USB devices running off of it... it would be cool beyond all reason though.. s-video out, and we are in business.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well as technology advances so do batteries. I was reading a story on a person from MIT that had found a metal alloy that when put in the battery as shavings would be able to extend the battery charge by like 100 fold. I was like.. WOW!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well as technology advances so do batteries. I was reading a story on a person from MIT that had found a metal alloy that when put in the battery as shavings would be able to extend the battery charge by like 100 fold. I was like.. WOW!

well now we are certainly off topic.. :D maybe the droid2 will have a SD slot that you don't have to pull the battery for.. maybe one under the battery (so you can still store apps on it, if they make that possible) and an external slot just for media.. anyway, i'm pumped about the 16GB being included!

Zippster

Reaction score

unless the motorola will play world of warcraft (wouldn't surprise me), i will most likely never have any use for a 32GB card though.. that's way too much music to carry around..

LOL, sounds like me on one of my first desktop pc's with its whopping 1 GB HD :eek: "I'll NEVER fill this"

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HEH! my first computer was far less than 1GB of space. It had a whopping 24MB of memory. and sported the nice windows 3.1.

But either way, I do believe no matter what that they need to just support putting aps on the external. Noone will be taking the card out while the device is active. (At least in the motorola version)