Question on profiles

jrfarrar

Reaction score
I'm about 100% postive when I got my Bionic it had the option for multiple "profiles" Pretty sure I hit the menu button and there was a profiles choice. And I even think it was the default double tap home button selection. However I can't find how to profile switch ANYWHERE now. Did I screw something up or did it get changed in an update? I've searched and found nothing about it.

Thanks,

tbell6

Reaction score
I'm about 100% postive when I got my Bionic it had the option for multiple "profiles" Pretty sure I hit the menu button and there was a profiles choice. And I even think it was the default double tap home button selection. However I can't find how to profile switch ANYWHERE now. Did I screw something up or did it get changed in an update? I've searched and found nothing about it.

Thanks,

Dejevue allover again? What I think I remember was power profiles. Not stock so maybe it did get changed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
J

jrfarrar

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not crazy. This was removed?

mamawm

Reaction score
I'm not sure about profiles, but double tap home settings are in settings under applications settings, it's the last thing listed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
J

jrfarrar

Reaction score
I figured out where to change the double tap home....BUT it used to go to a profiles (I'm POSITIVE) screen where it would show me three different profiles to choose from and let me name them....

OP
J

jrfarrar

Reaction score
Ok. So I finally found "some" information. First I KNOW this was an option and I think by me changing the double tap home I lost it for good. however found out in another post how to get it back.

DF Post

So we saw how the D3 blur supposedly has the feature to have different profiles for work, home, and other, but its not on the menu like it is in the video, so where is it? Well it's there, just not in plain sight.

--First download LaucherPro from the market
--After it installs click the home button and it will take you to LauncherPro
--Long press somewhere on the screen, and select 'Shortcuts'
--Then select 'Activities' [It will have the same icon as LauncherPro]
--When the screen opens scroll down to 'Homescreen' and select it [This is the blur launcher]
--First put a Shortcut for the very first option. 'com.motorola.blur.home.HomeActivity'
--Click ok to keep the default name and icon
--Click the new icon and it will take you right back to the regular blur home
--Now long press on the screen again and again select 'Shortcut' and 'Activities'
--Again scroll down to 'Homescreen' and select it now the fifth option down will be called 'com.motorola.blur.home.ProfileSwitcherActivity'
--Pick that one and the shortcut will be created.
--Now click on the Select Profile icon, and pick the home profile, that is the default one.
--Now click the 'Select Profile icon and pick the work profile.
--Then complete the about steps so that you can add the icon to the that profile. and do this for each of the 3 profiles and make sure you have the icon on each or you will get stuck in it because the option isn't visible, but you will only get stuck if you select a profile and uninstall launcherpro without putting a shortcut there first.

​I did this and it worked like a charm....so the function IS there...just not accessible....