Question on ordering or waiting for store supply.

Hastekilled

Reaction score
I went to my Verizon store today and they didn't have any Droid X in stock and filled out a "pre-order" form and told me they would call when they got some in. But they said they don't know when they would get a shipment in. My question is do you think I'd have better odds of getting it sooner if I just wait or if I call Verizon and just order it even though I know it will still be an unknown amount of time before I get it? I'm using my annual renewal to get it so I can't order it online. I don't know how often stores get shipments in so I wonder if I might get it quicker if I just phone order it. Any thoughts?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id say online. ive seen a lot of posts about people receiving notifications saying their phones were shipped a few days after ordering - read some for yourself :)

8/3 delivery? try Monday!!!

OP
H

Hastekilled

Reaction score
That's why I'm thinking of ordering it over the phone. (can't order annual renewals online) But I'm afraid if I do that the next day or after my store will call with one waiting for me. Haha! This is like a coin flip decision. Either way could have a negative impact.

OP
H

Hastekilled

Reaction score
Just called them and ordered it. And to my pleasant surprise I only paid the $199 with tax. I thought I was gonna have to pay the $299 with mail in rebate. Now I just get to sit and wait for it all to be processed and shipped. :)