Question on charging via PC at work

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I would like to be able to charge the Razr using a USB cable at work on my work PC, but I am a little leery of that. I work for a very large German electronics firm (company software load monitors everything) and I am concerned that as soon as I plug it in, the software will either a) try to upload everything on my Droid thinking it's one of their portable hard drives, or b) wipe the phone (or both).

Am I right to keep the Droid far away from any company owned/monitored/managed PCs?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
On my Rezound I have an option of setting the default action to charge only instead of connecting as a drive. If the Razr has that option then set it that way.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Wouldn' t bother the phone any but you better check Company Policy first! Hooking up a phone would be almost like a personal flash drive, not really, but you know what I mean!
Could get you fired for downloading proprietary software, or putting their system at risk for a virus!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Yup. I'll keep it away, I am keeping a charger in the truck and can stash it out there if it needs juice.