Question for those who have updated

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Im due to receive my phone wednesday...

curious if you think I should do the update or not, do you think its caused more problems than its fixed and maybe i should just wait until the next update comes out or is it worth the download and has made the phone better?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im due to receive my phone wednesday...

curious if you think I should do the update or not, do you think its caused more problems than its fixed and maybe i should just wait until the next update comes out or is it worth the download and has made the phone better?

So am I the first response? I don't have an X but I do have an opinion.

Word is that the X is going to get the OTA a little bit after the Droid, so I'm guessing mid to late August. I have seen some rumors about it going out the same time.

Now if it was me and I had a Droid X I would probably wait. But then again if you're not rooted you can't overclock. I don't know how that's working for the X poeple.

Decisions, Decisions!!;)

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
yea im leaning towards waiting..

my friend got his last friday and i played with it that day...didnt notice any problems at all

however i talked to him the next day and let him know about the update he could do, so he did it and hours later he texts me "phone just restarted by itself...great"

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Got the update over the air and I can't seem to get my browser recognized as a desktop.version now grrrr

puffy98

Reaction score
dont update!!!

after update...i got some issues!!

my phone restarts by itself..at leat once a day...

and my X drops navigation when i use it..

everything happens after update!! it sucks!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
after update...i got some issues!!

my phone restarts by itself..at leat once a day...

and my X drops navigation when i use it..

everything happens after update!! it sucks!!

Can't you flash a backup to recovery? Is that not possible with the X?

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
So looks like the consensus is: skip the update

2horses

Reaction score
Not sure it's optional? Mine did on it's own, I took it off the charger a couple of mornings ago and it announced that the update had installed successfully. I didn't ask for it nor manually check for it, so maybe that makes a difference. But some time suring the night it downloaded and installed itself. OTOH, I haven't noticed any problems since it did, so I'm okay with it.

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Not sure it's optional? Mine did on it's own, I took it off the charger a couple of mornings ago and it announced that the update had installed successfully. I didn't ask for it nor manually check for it, so maybe that makes a difference. But some time suring the night it downloaded and installed itself. OTOH, I haven't noticed any problems since it did, so I'm okay with it.

Ahhh I see. I was thinking you might have to do it manually if you didn't have a X @ the time of the ota. Good to hear u have no issues though.