Question for Droid2 owners; will you root

WoodiE55

Reaction score
I just rooted this evening, took all of about 15mins. I did it so I could remove the bloat programs that I never use, all in all that's about it and of course because I could. Another plus for me is if I decide to sell the phone for any reason, rooted phones sell for more. :D

engineerDJ1956

Reaction score
Hello, I think this may have answered my question. I want to remove apps I don't want and rooting is the only way, right?

Redneck Trash

Reaction score
I probably won't be rooting. Did it on my DROID and it got laggy. After a month it just got stuck in a boot loop. I was also flashing ROMs and kernels all the time so maybe I just screwed something up. My DROID2 is great out of the box and the only thing I miss not being rooted is Titanium Backup.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

MNDuke

Reaction score
Hello, I think this may have answered my question. I want to remove apps I don't want and rooting is the only way, right?

If those apps were preloaded on the phone, then yes.

I have rooted and wont go back. SetCPU is great

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rooted for the rooted apps. Titanium back up (premium version) is a good way to get rid of bloat with out deleting the app for good, and having it fail checks during an ota (if you decide to take it).

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
I'm glad that I posted this thread because it gives you info for people that don't know what goes into rooting and that people can actually tell you what works and what doesn't as far as making this decision for your device.

OP
E

everstar80

Reaction score
I ave to admit there are some apps I would love to get rid of in nanosecond. Still don't want the hassle for instance there were an update and I had to unroot to the os just to get it then repeat the process? That's too much for me.

Havok

Reaction score
Tethering

I noticed it mentioned that rooting enables Wifi tethering. Can it also enable tethering via the Verizon network?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'll very likely root when it becomes more straightforward as hookbill mentioned. I definitely need a completely blur-less ROM.

It has become very easy to root the D2 now.... it only takes one click!

Cunha

Reaction score
I almost certainly will. But I mainly want the phone to work well so I don't plan on being too extreme. I like options though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just want to make a comment of the blur that the op was talking about, all that stuff can be easily removed, you just dump it in the trash. Too much of a big deal is made out of blur.

danwanna

Reaction score
Still unrooted and using Launcher Pro and I really don't notice blur anymore... When I check my Battery Life, I don't see anything from Motorola in the list so it isn't consuming much battery (or slowing me down) by running in the background.