Question Does FoxFi work on Your Note 4's?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Pdanet appears to work. I didn't have a device handy to test the connection, but it started up & appeared to be working.

Although, I think switching to a more everything plan may have given me hotspot access, so I can't verify if getting the popup to call to setup & backing out works. I didn't get the popup.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Pdanet appears to work. I didn't have a device handy to test the connection, but it started up & appeared to be working.

Although, I think switching to a more everything plan may have given me hotspot access, so I can't verify if getting the popup to call to setup & backing out works. I didn't get the popup.

Sent from my Note 4
It has been working for me on my Gnote3 before I got on the more everything plan. I used to use it a lot. I do not need it as much but I would still like to know that I can use it if I had to since I purchased it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree. If it hadn't auto downloaded to the note 4, I probably wouldn't have put it on until something changed & I didn't have access from vzw to tether.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Sent from my Note 4
This post answers your question as best as I can, since pdanet took over foxfi.
So does Foxfi work with the Note 4.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I tried out Foxfi this morning. It work perfectly.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!
Like I said, I launched it with no problem. Just didn't have a device to connect to it.

Thanks for confirming that it works completely!

Sent from my Note 4

bmwnick

Reaction score
i can only get it to work on bluetooth how our you getting wifi hotspot to work? (it will launch but i get no internet)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
i can only get it to work on bluetooth how our you getting wifi hotspot to work? (it will launch but i get no internet)

It works for the internet for me. I do not use it with Bluetooth. Sign onto my laptop with it. It worked fine. Are you using the paid version and did you log in with the PDANet Key?

bmwnick

Reaction score
It works for the internet for me. I do not use it with Bluetooth. Sign onto my laptop with it. It worked fine. Are you using the paid version and did you log in with the PDANet Key?
YUP paid version. I figured it out gotta access wifi hotspot via pdanet not foxfi

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's the beauty of FoxFi and why it works so well....because it utilizes wifi via the stock Samsung hotspot app.

S5 tap'n

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok Foxfi works with the Note 4, now my question is how do I disable the lock screen pin window, I was able to do it on my S4 with no problems, just enter the wrong lock screen pin more than 10 times and then just enter my Google accounts password, but when I try this on the Note 4 it tells me it will reformat my device, what gives.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's a setting.

3c8cc778f6b38f9d419a4e3210fa0b13.jpg

Why not just set a password rather than set pin & enter it wrong until it asks for a password?

Sent from my Note 4

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't want to set up any lock screen password or pin, I don't like to have a lock screen at all, when I turn on my phone I want it to go directly to my Home screen.