Question about Upgrade Pricing

inmotion

Reaction score
I've been with Alltel for years, so logging on to Verizon for the first time today I saw their policy for renewing a contract.

It seems the "New Every Two" promotion only covers the first $30-50 of any phone on an upgrade \ renewal of contract. Does this mean I'll have to pay $549 ($599-50) for the Droid tomorrow? Or am I misreading this somehow and they'll treat it like a new contract?

EDIT: On a side note, It might not hurt to add a Verizon forum since this question doesn't have a proper home

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no..... youll get the 2 year price which is 299, you also get the 100 dollar mail in rebate. (instant if you buy at best buy on online)

Then you get the NE2 discount which can vary depending on when you last signed a contract. Some people have 50 towards a new device some have 100 dollars towards the new device..

so

+299 base price
-100 rebate
-50 or 100 - NE2 discount

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tomorrow (or sometime this weekend) there are going to be a lot of changes to the forum. there will be a place for verizon topics, just hang tight. but to answer your question, the $199 price point is for the 2-year agreement price. if you sign a new contract with them, you get that price. after two years, THEN you get the new every two discount on your next phone, that is a discount off of the 2-year agreement price point available at that time.

OP
I

inmotion

Reaction score
Now I'm excited again, I'll be getting it for $149 after rebate!

Leastbay

Reaction score
yeah, you get the full discount. Im in the same situation. I went to talk to them the other day and all is good. Even keeping my Alltel contract.