Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Have you guys noticed that in the HTC Thunderbolt Commercials there was no mention of the Voice and Data part of the phone? I have heard that that it is a problem with the phone also.. That is why Verizon had not been pushing it in the Commercials. With voice and data at the same time being AT&T big selling point. Don't you think it is odd that it really has not been pushed in the Commercials?

What do you guys think?

rage151

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that in the HTC Thunderbolt Commercials there was no mention of the Voice and Data part of the phone? I have heard that that it is a problem with the phone also.. That is why Verizon had not been pushing it in the Commercials. With voice and data at the same time being AT&T big selling point. Don't you think it is odd that it really has not been pushed in the Commercials?

What do you guys think?
It has been said many times in this forum and on other sites that simultaneous talk/data is possible w/the TB, but for VZW employees to not use it as a selling point. SVDO 3g tech is apparently in its infancy and the TB is the first handset capable of doing it. So no, I do not think that not advertising this feature is odd.

HollywoodPR1

Reaction score
It doesn't need to b pushed. It's not a major selling point for me and all my customers that I sell phones too don't really care about that. Do u? Is it something that is a deal breaker for you? Is it somethin u would use? All I need to do while on phone is text. Which doesn't require the data. So I'm good

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
It doesn't need to b pushed. It's not a major selling point for me and all my customers that I sell phones too don't really care about that. Do u? Is it something that is a deal breaker for you? Is it somethin u would use? All I need to do while on phone is text. Which doesn't require the data. So I'm good

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Nope I am getting something else but, I just notice that it was not in any of the Commercials.. A person that i know that work for Verizon mentioned it to me after I called him about info about another phone. After that I asked about this phone he told me that it will not be as good as people think since it is a 1st Gen on Verizon to do SVDO.. While talking on your phone it will slow the data way down if you try to look at your browser and talk at the same time.. I was just wondering if some one else heard about this.

motty69

Reaction score
Nope I am getting something else but, I just notice that it was not in any of the Commercials.. A person that i know that work for Verizon mentioned it to me after I called him about info about another phone. After that I asked about this phone he told me that it will not be as good as people think since it is a 1st Gen on Verizon to do SVDO.. While talking on your phone it will slow the data way down if you try to look at your browser and talk at the same time.. I was just wondering if some one else heard about this.

WorldofJohnBoy posted some speedtest result that suggest the speed really won't drop of on SVDO;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...y-my-demo-will-here-today-37.html#post1348159

That could be because he's likely the ONLY one using it in his 'hood. I have a feeling that if 100-200 people were hitting the same tower up at the same time the speed would be pretty bad. I don't think VZW will let people know about this till they are ready give people decent speeds consistently.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

WorldofJohnBoy posted some speedtest result that suggest the speed really won't drop of on SVDO;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...y-my-demo-will-here-today-37.html#post1348159

That could be because he's likely the ONLY one using it in his 'hood. I have a feeling that if 100-200 people were hitting the same tower up at the same time the speed would be pretty bad. I don't think VZW will let people know about this till they are ready give people decent speeds consistently.

Thank You!!!!

silvervagon

Reaction score
While talking on your phone it will slow the data way down if you try to look at your browser and talk at the same time.. I was just wondering if some one else heard about this.

Can't be any slower than a blackberry on T-Mobile doing only web browsing.
Hello , Joshua . How are you today ?

Sleeve

Reaction score
Verizon isn't making a big deal about this because it legitimizes the competitor's notion that people talk and surf at the same time. Marketing creates a perceived need even among those who never do something yet feel better because they have something that can. We like to be proud of our choices.

piperchem

Reaction score
Really?

It sounds like everyone's been with Verizon for too long. Coming from ATT, it was almost a deal breaker. I'm just glad I still have my ATT BB through work. I'm still hoping when LTE is more built up in my area, it will be available. As a serious multi-tasker, I'm always on speakerphone, browsing. Don't get me wrong, I understand it's a trade off. I won't miss ATT's dropped calls.