Question about the Samsung Galaxy SII.

Reaction score
Yesterday I read about the specs of the SII and was really impressed by the 1024mb of ram and the processor. My only question is will it be for Verizon's network? And if so when will it be released? If anyone has any information regarding the service provider for the Samsung Galaxy SII please let me know and it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Supposedly a May release on Verizon. Should release as an LTE device as well.

A source from HoFo also claims to have seen the Verizon version and said it will be released on VZW's network. Nothing concrete at this time but it's highly probable we will see this on Verizon. I've heard it will be called the Samsung Galaxy 4G LTE.

Again don't take this as fact I'm only passing on rumor at this point.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I heard the lte phone is going to be called the stealth. I have a fascinate and I had to root to her mediocre performance. I hope Verizon doesn't Bing up the II, I want one though...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

allan1313

Reaction score
CK I know that you are usually accurate with most of your info, but I have not even seen any confirmation that it is coming to Verizon, so where are you getting a May release from? I am looking at this and the Bionic. If they release around the same time I would get the S2, but don't want to wait for something that isn't coming. Unless some concrete details emerge about the Targa and its release date.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
CK I know that you are usually accurate with most of your info, but I have not even seen any confirmation that it is coming to Verizon, so where are you getting a May release from? I am looking at this and the Bionic. If they release around the same time I would get the S2, but don't want to wait for something that isn't coming. Unless some concrete details emerge about the Targa and its release date.

I said SUPPOSEDLY a May release. There is no way I can get or give an accurate release date. I could get "solid" info today and by Monday it will change then Friday it changes again. I wont go there even if I knew the date. That's a game nobody wins : )

Only thing I can share is that it is coming to Verizon but was given no dates or names for the device.

Sent from my Droid

allan1313

Reaction score
I know you have waited a long time for a phone. Will you be jumping on the S2 or waiting even longer for the Targa???

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
come on

CK is being modest we all know he is the all knowing all seeing light. he jsut wants to pretend he doesnt know so we dont feel so little. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
CK is being modest we all know he is the all knowing all seeing light. he jsut wants to pretend he doesnt know so we dont feel so little. :)

Ha!! All knowing? my buttocks!

Allan, yes I'm going to pick this phone up. Its too good to pass up.

Sent from my Droid

Reaction score
I read a spec sheet the other day, it listed 3g but no 4g

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

allan1313

Reaction score
I can't see this going to other carriers as 4g but not Verizon. I just think it will take a month or so longer to drop on Verizon.

Reaction score
I can't see this going to other carriers as 4g but not Verizon. I just think it will take a month or so longer to drop on Verizon.

I agree 100%, I am hoping a May/June release, I think the phone might be a little thicker than it is on other carriers, The Thunderbolt and Bionic are pretty thick and it might be because of the 4G radio in them, I could be wrong.

GAstorino

Reaction score
Can someone clarify for me. On this forum people say the Samsung Galaxy 2S has 1 Gig ram 16/32 GB memory and can take a 32 GB micro sd. Does this mean that the total storage will be up to 64 GB or is that 16/32 GB memory the SD card. I know the original droid had 256 mg and the micro sd card as storage and I am hitting a limit with the ram on applications so if I have way more memory this wouild be great.

Reaction score
Can someone clarify for me. On this forum people say the Samsung Galaxy 2S has 1 Gig ram 16/32 GB memory and can take a 32 GB micro sd. Does this mean that the total storage will be up to 64 GB or is that 16/32 GB memory the SD card. I know the original droid had 256 mg and the micro sd card as storage and I am hitting a limit with the ram on applications so if I have way more memory this wouild be great.

Yes it will have 1 GB RAM, with 16 GB internal storage most likely and can take a 32 GB microsd card, totaling 48 GB storage.

JMU_Droid

Reaction score

Yes it will have 1 GB RAM, with 16 GB internal storage most likely and can take a 32 GB microsd card, totaling 48 GB storage.

I want to say I read somewhere that Samsung might offer two choices for internal memory; one being 16GB and the other 32GB. Has anybody else seen this, or am I completely making it up. I can't remember where I read it.