Question about the Google Maps Navigation

azcards11

Reaction score
is this already included in the droid phones or do i still need to download it?
i have a maps application but its doesnt look like the actual Google maps navigation.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
is this already included in the droid phones or do i still need to download it?
i have a maps application but its doesnt look like the actual Google maps navigation.

it's included out of the box... without messing with the settings, i was able to get from Pt. A to Pt. B.

however, i think it needs some tweaking, it's not as intuitive as a standalone GPS out-of-the-box

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You turn on the maps, hit the menu button and go to directions. put the place you want to go and then hit navigate. I think thats just as simple if not simpler then the ones out of the box.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
once you get the nav option going and you ahve the turn by turn up just hit the menu and add the satellite layer.

OP
A

azcards11

Reaction score
once you get the nav option going and you ahve the turn by turn up just hit the menu and add the satellite layer.

ok thanks, i didnt realize you had to enter the destination in order to get the navi goin. lol

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well you can add the satellite view either way, but yeah navi doesn't start until you enter directions on where you want to go.