Google Maps: My Maps

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't turn anything up with a search so here it goes. I noticed when signed in to Google on the PC and I looked up something on the maps, I can save it to My Maps. I was looking up where I have to go for work on Monday so saving made sense. Then I thought, why can't I pull it up for reference and navigation come Monday?

I don't see anything on the droid that mentions My Maps. Anyone know of how/where to access the maps? I assume it would be in the Google Map application.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i believe you can access my maps through the navi.

hit the menu button and it should be in there....that's what i remember off the top of my head

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i use it all the time to save a map for my favorite places like home and work- it works like a traditional gps' PREVIOUS DESTINATIONS or ADDRESS BOOK.

Save your maps on the PC and on the droid go to navigate and within navigation choice layers/ more layers- all your pc maps are here.

i have 5 maps saved on the pc that i can access quickly on the doird without having to go to CONTACTS or type in an address

my home
my job
my wifes job
my parents house
my bro's house

fun and easy

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
i use it all the time to save a map for my favorite places like home and work- it works like a traditional gps' PREVIOUS DESTINATIONS or ADDRESS BOOK.

Save your maps on the PC and on the droid go to navigate and within navigation choice layers/ more layers- all your pc maps are here.

i have 5 maps saved on the pc that i can access quickly on the doird without having to go to CONTACTS or type in an address

my home
my job
my wifes job
my parents house
my bro's house

fun and easy

In Maps go to Layers, More Layers, My Maps.
Perfect! Thanks!

Technoman

Reaction score

my home
my job
my wifes job
my parents house
my bro's house

fun and easy

In Maps go to Layers, More Layers, My Maps.
Perfect! Thanks!

You can also long press on a home screen, and select shortcut - then directions and navigation. Type in the address, and it puts a nice single press icon there for you to use at will.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Since the upgrade when I try to access my maps I ger a message unable to connect to my maps. It's very annoying since it's a feature I use often.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since the upgrade when I try to access my maps I ger a message unable to connect to my maps. It's very annoying since it's a feature I use often.
Upgrade? OS or to the app?

I just realized that Google Maps no has pinch zoom. Nice little bonus.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure

Since the upgrade to google maps It fails to connect to my maps.

SGTiger

Reaction score

Since the upgrade to google maps It fails to connect to my maps.

I seem to recall you have to go to "Join Latitude" then click "Don't Accept" and after doing that the My Maps works.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I didn't turn anything up with a search so here it goes. I noticed when signed in to Google on the PC and I looked up something on the maps, I can save it to My Maps. I was looking up where I have to go for work on Monday so saving made sense. Then I thought, why can't I pull it up for reference and navigation come Monday?

I don't see anything on the droid that mentions My Maps. Anyone know of how/where to access the maps? I assume it would be in the Google Map application.

If it is something that you don't need to save, make sure you are logged into your Google account. Look it up on the PC. You don't need to save anything. When you later start to enter the address on your Droid the whole address will pop up by entering the first number of the address. I go to different places every day. I set up my day the night before with several addresses, they all instantly appear as needed.

pjo1966

Reaction score
"Your account does not support My Maps"

I am definitely logged in, and I have Latitude on. Even with Latitude off I have no luck. My Maps is something I use every day. I'm a Realtor and I like to map out the homes I'm showing to a client. I need to find a way to make this work on my new Droid.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Your account does not support My Maps"

I am definitely logged in, and I have Latitude on. Even with Latitude off I have no luck. My Maps is something I use every day. I'm a Realtor and I like to map out the homes I'm showing to a client. I need to find a way to make this work on my new Droid.
It's working for me. I have a couple created now, one for work stuff, one for personal stuff. I can turn on and off the view from the layers option.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I wonder if it's because I'm using my Google account on my domain. Maybe if I logged in with my regular gmail account it would work. I searched to see where I would log out and then back in again, but couldn't find it. Where would that be?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
...You can also long press on a home screen, and select shortcut - then directions and navigation. Type in the address, and it puts a nice single press icon there for you to use at will.

Thank You! I had done this a couple of months ago with my home address suitably labeled. Then I forgot how I did it. So I had this icon on my screen ("home") that I could not figure out how to replicate and I was afraid to remove.