Question about the 2.3.340 update, unrooting & what to remove?

OP
B

budmonster

Actually yes. Read in another thread on here that the update was only rolling out to a test group f for now.

If you updated to a leaked 340 there is no stable way back to stock. Think you will have to wait for black hat to hook us up. I an in the same boat.

2 things.

1. So, that update.zip over at XDA is just a leak?

I just restored back to stock 2.2 w/ root. I now have all my bloatware back. Will I now be able to receive the update, once it's sent out?

EDIT: over at xda he posted a screenshot showing that the update worked...hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:

amavit

Reaction score
Technically yes it was a leak since it wasn't intended to be sent out by the carrier. It was only supposed to be sent to the test group. As for the second question, yes you should be able to receive the update when it rolls out as long as you stay stock like you are now.

donballz

Reaction score
I thought since this was a leak of an official update that it actually updated the kernel and bootloader and we couldn't go back as a result. That Abe guy said as much.

This stuff all moves very fast and changes every day so I could well be wrong. I hope I am. Would you mid posting your kernel info and whatnot and have someone who never modded tell us if its clean? Then let me know what you did. Thanks!

OP
B

budmonster

I thought since this was a leak of an official update that it actually updated the kernel and bootloader and we couldn't go back as a result. That Abe guy said as much.

This stuff all moves very fast and changes every day so I could well be wrong. I hope I am. Would you mid posting your kernel info and whatnot and have someone who never modded tell us if its clean? Then let me know what you did. Thanks!

who are u talking too?

OP
B

budmonster

Technically yes it was a leak since it wasn't intended to be sent out by the carrier. It was only supposed to be sent to the test group. As for the second question, yes you should be able to receive the update when it rolls out as long as you stay stock like you are now.

2.3.320 was a leak. how is 2.3.340 a leak to, when its being sent out to people and is on VZW website?

amavit

Reaction score
I say leak loosely because it wasn't supposed to be released to the public when the outage occurred, only the test group. We aren't supposed to have it and the download isn't on the verizon website its just telling you to expect the update sometime.

donballz

Reaction score

who are u talking too?
You fella.

Reaction score
Hate to jump in on someone elses thread but instead of having a bunch of them....

I am rooted and deodexed.... Do I need to sbf to update?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

OP
B

budmonster

Hate to jump in on someone elses thread but instead of having a bunch of them....

i think u can still be rooted dont know about deodexed though.

OP
B

budmonster

who are u talking too?
You fella.

im not going to flash that update.zip. is there a way out if it screws up. i dont want to brick my phone by flashing some update a guy pulled from his phone.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Actually yes. Read in another thread on here that the update was only rolling out to a test group f for now.

If you updated to a leaked 340 there is no stable way back to stock. Think you will have to wait for black hat to hook us up. I an in the same boat.

Apparently if you restore the /system only for 2.3.15 in an advanced restore through clockwork, you'll put yourself at "stock ota". Your bootloader will still be updated, but apparently you are able to update through OTA as long as all of your apps are intact.

Someone released a nandroid of 2.3.151 on droidxforums saying this will revert you back. Just install through clockwork as a backup. It will still leave same bootloader...blah blah blah.

If we had known this, no one would have any problems, just do an advanced restore and restore /system only after wiping everything else. I do not see how that's any different from what has been done recently.

k1ng617

Reaction score
I have read the Verizon pdf, but was wondering from anyone who has installed the newest update what it has fixed or improved over 2.3.15. I am currently running an Apex rom and really like it and was wondering if it is even worth the trouble.

Thanks in advance. :greendroid:

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

i think u can still be rooted dont know about deodexed though.

If you have modified the stock system files (bloatware, Deodexed, themed) your phone, you will need to do the SBF back to stock first.

zackwhitman

Reaction score
i have a droid x, rooted, with the 928 Droid Rom on it. will i still get the update when its available? i didn't delete any of the apps that came preinstalled

OP
B

budmonster

someone needs to may sticky so, there isnt a 1000 threads about the upcoming update. i think a FAQ would solve a lot questions and not clog the forum with posts like mine lol.