question about returning a bricked/rooted phone

swagmonster

Reaction score
Ii was a noob so should I just plan on my parents kicking my ass or do u think they will sbf it and ill be fine

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
as of now they have had the phone back for more than 24 hrs, and my bill is at the level it should be. and the situation is over.
Actually it took them a week to get back at me telling me they received my device. My phone was rooted and they were aware of that. And they let me know they were not happy. They tried to charge me but after 3 hours on the phone with them I won and they didn't charge me for anything...I guess I could say I got lucky :)

Sent from my DROID2

strandedhuman

Reaction score
How did they find out? I want to return my phone. I was thinking if I take out my sdcard and wipe it, then maybe I'll have a better chance of them not finding out...

swagmonster

Reaction score
If.I formated the system and the sd card in clockwork will they find out and what did u say to them?

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Milton515

Reaction score
To solve all of y'all worrys about Big Red finding out if your phone is rooted or not.... If you can get your phone to boot up, just go into the market and download an app called z4root and it will give you the option to unroot your phone..... And then all your worrys will go out the window..... If not, you can Google the VZW Stock SBF and flash it to your phone and you should be fine

Stock UD 2.1

Milton515

Reaction score
If we could boot our phones, we wouldn't be considering returning it to verizon...

I'm just saying my girlfriend had da same problem after she rooted hers and I just flash the VZW STOCK SBF to her phone and it booted right on up and I downloaded the app unrooted and she returned it VZW and we never hear anything from them except that they had received the phone

Stock UD 2.1

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh! haha sorry! I should have read more...

Isn't this the global forum...?
The O/P does in fact have a D2G and while hacking and rooting it, they did some irreversible damage seeing as there is no sbf yet - then they called it in as a Warranty replacement - as I said in another thread, if they get charged the full price they have no one to blame but themselves -