Phone may be done for... Never seen this on the forum yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

faracinman2

Reaction score
!New! Phone may be done for... Never seen this on the forum yet

First off I figured I should say, I have a rooted Droid 1 but not using any custom ROMs or kernals at the time of the problem. Lately my phone has been acting up, getting hot and then randomly restarting (reason why i went to the stock rooted rom)... that isn't the problem though. Today after I shut my phone off, and then after class turned it back on it was stuck on the M logo... BUT not like the regular M logo when it hangs up and boot-loops. The M is positioned oddly on the phone and has a weird rainbow like pixels on the bottom right hand corner (see attached picture). When ever I turn the phone on normally it does that, but it just remains like that. The weird thing is during normal start up how you get that little pulse right before the phone starts up it still does that. Then when the screen times out it is just a black screen and no longer shows the weird M logo screen. But the back lit touch buttons (back, menu, home, and search) light up and turn off from time to time randomly.

Then when I try to boot the phone into recovery it does the exact same thing, it turns on and shows the M logo image attached but just remains on the screen and doesn't time out.

So... if anyone has any suggestions I could try before making the trip to verizon let me know!!! I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, being how the phone itself isn't letting me access any information will they still be able to tell that the phone is rooted? I only ask this because as of now I have no clue how to unroot the device when the only screen I get is the retarded M logo. THANKS GUYS!!!

Last edited:

neubanks89

Reaction score
Hey, so I've had the problem with M being offset like that and the phone wouldn't boot. I ended up fixing it by flashing a completely stock .sbf however, it seems like you may other hardware issues to deal with.

titans1

Reaction score
Can you get it to talk with your pc? Does rsdlite see it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bdub33

Reaction score
This happened to me to once. Nothing at all worked to fix it nothing. Got it to the home screen twice and it was a rainbow of colors. So I ran it over afraid they would find the root got a new one with insurance and a little over a hundred bucks.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I ran it over afraid they would find the root got a new one with insurance and a little over a hundred bucks.

That is awesome. I love your thinking here. I can honestly say that option would have ran through my mind as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably because the idea of committing insurance fraud doesn't usually pop up in your head.

And that's exactly what it is. Insurance fraud. Now I'm not going to berate you on the subject but it really isn't ok to do this, it affects everyone's insurance rate.

We don't want to encourage that here in Droid Forums. I would suggest the best idea would be to sbf, however you do as you decide. Meanwhile, this thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.