sbf reset?

Kmac

Reaction score
My motorolla droid does not turn on. However when i plug it in, the M logo appears on the screen. Other than that nothing happens period. I installed a rom and then made a back up and rebooted, and it has been like this since.

is it possible to do an sbf reset if i cant mount the phone to my computer? i can plug it in, but i can not do the the normal mount option.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My motorolla droid does not turn on. However when i plug it in, the M logo appears on the screen. Other than that nothing happens period. I installed a rom and then made a back up and rebooted, and it has been like this since.

is it possible to do an sbf reset if i cant mount the phone to my computer? i can plug it in, but i can not do the the normal mount option.

short answer: yes

Long answer: read the steps in link 3 of my sig (step 3 will be of interest to you)

Go from stock to root to rom to reboot to stuck logo? or go from rom-a to rom-b to reboot and stuck logo?
What was the state of your battery when you started? over 50% charged? and is it plugged in now?

If the battery is very low it has enough power to get to the logo, then stalls and repeats the process until the battery is charged enough. Other conflicts could be causing problems, which then the sbf path is a good one to take.

forkup

Reaction score
Sounds like a possible kernel issue, try loading another kernel with stock speed.

OP
K

Kmac

Reaction score
stock to root to rom to reboot to stuck. im not sure how much battery there was on it, but i know it was not fully charged. the phone is not plugged in now. i had it plugged in for two days straight, and it still only displayed the m logo and still does not turn on.