question about phone upgrades

jackpfree

Reaction score
since they are allowing people to upgrade to a droid x when they have an upgrade due in 2010, does that mean us droid users who bought the phone in november 2009 are being left out in the dust?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's just what it is....If your upgrade date is in 2010, You can upgrade to the X early.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would think so they may offer discount but we wont be eligible till something like sept of next year.. but just think of phones that will be out by then

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's just what it is....If your upgrade date is in 2010, You can upgrade to the X early.

They are saying if your upgrade DATE is in 2010, like if you got it in November your early upgrade persay "should be" September 2010, and that would be eligible for an upgrade. I'm not this is 100% but this is what i got from it. Unless they meant new every 2 which is another story all together.

OP
jackpfree

jackpfree

Reaction score
well my family has 2-3 upgrades available since my parents NEVER upgrade their phones, so maybe ill just upgrade to the X and sell my droid while its still being sold for $300 on ebay.

or i can wait and see how windows mobile 7 is, and what features they will bring in android 2.3 and beyond. but by then i dont think ill be able to sell my droid for much.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

They are saying if your upgrade DATE is in 2010, like if you got it in November your early upgrade persay "should be" September 2010, and that would be eligible for an upgrade. I'm not this is 100% but this is what i got from it. Unless they meant new every 2 which is another story all together.

That's stretching things a bit...but one never knows.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

That's stretching things a bit...but one never knows.

I wouldn't call it stretching, that's how they have it set up, 10 months is the early upgrade, so would it matter if i get it when it comes out or 2 months later for most likely the same price or cheaper? The new every 2 just gives you only 50$ off.

b3ck3rj

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread. I am really wondering about this. My upgrade date is January 2011. Does anyone think they will make an exception for just one little month outside of the cut off? Maybe I should call and ask, but i figured I would ask here first. Does anyone think they might be nice? One month? Damn my luck

klientel

Reaction score
I never post here....just lurk because of the droid hacking scene.

But I have confirmed with a regional manager(my aunt) that the upgrade will be available to anyone who has a annual or ne2 upgrade this year. So if u got ur droid last year u will be able to upgrade.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I asks this in this in the thread in the news forum before I saw this thread. I am one year into my two year contract on December 29th. At that time I would be able to get an early upgrade. Does this mean I am able to take advantage of this or are they meaning anyone who's contract will be up in 2010??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

But I have confirmed with a regional manager(my aunt) that the upgrade will be available to anyone who has a annual or ne2 upgrade this year. So if u got ur droid last year u will be able to upgrade.

Yes, but I don't need a new Droid right now. In September I want to see whats the price is, or see what else is available.

I'm just talking to myself people, ignore me.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

Interesting...

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Awesome I hope this holds true, i know sometimes they like to change things up, but if the managers know then usually it's set.

dakoop

Reaction score
They will anger a bunch of current droid owners if they do not allow us an upgrade. Lets revolt!!!