question about insurance replacement

ddfuji

Reaction score
Has anyone recently called in for insurance replacement or warranty replacements for there RAZR Maxx?

I currently have a cracked screen, nothing major, but I'm hoping I can call in one day and they won't have any in stock and can get a free upgrade to something better like an hd.
I did it last year for my RAZR to RAZR Maxx. Maybe after the holidays they will have less in stock and ill have a higher chance.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be just awful if the upgraded you back to your original razr. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That actually happened to a buddy of mine. Had the OG D1 and it got broken so they sent him a D2 which he promptly dropped and broke about 3 weeks later. When he got it replaced, they sent him another D1 and then dropped him from the insurance for multiple claims in one year. He tried to fight them for another D2, but lost Apparently, they have the requirement to only give you what device you originally paid for, not the latest and greatest that they have. You may be sorry if they send you backwards.

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
The maxx I have right now is one I actually bought. So i wouldnt be downgraded. Might be worth a try after the holidays!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
jkaod said:
That actually happened to a buddy of mine. Had the OG D1 and it got broken so they sent him a D2 which he promptly dropped and broke about 3 weeks later. When he got it replaced, they sent him another D1 and then dropped him from the insurance for multiple claims in one year. He tried to fight them for another D2, but lost Apparently, they have the requirement to only give you what device you originally paid for, not the latest and greatest that they have. You may be sorry if they send you backwards.

Legally sounds appropriate.

Stops people from using the insurance companies as an upgrade vehicle.