Question About Handcent

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Just got the Droid. Love it.

I downloaded Handcent Texting because of your recommendations. Heres a question--occasionally I've noticed when I get a text when the screen is locked, when I unlock the phone I have an option to press a button where I can talk and my reply will be presented in text form. Speech to text for text messages.

Is there a way to quickly access this feature through Handcent? Sometimes I would like to beable to send text messages by just saying something real quick and having it type it out. Thanks!

mjs31

Reaction score
Just got the Droid. Love it.

I downloaded Handcent Texting because of your recommendations. Heres a question--occasionally I've noticed when I get a text when the screen is locked, when I unlock the phone I have an option to press a button where I can talk and my reply will be presented in text form. Speech to text for text messages.

Is there a way to quickly access this feature through Handcent? Sometimes I would like to beable to send text messages by just saying something real quick and having it type it out. Thanks!

I would be interested to see if this is possible. In order for the phone to do this, it must always be listening for a voice command which is not a typical setup and battery draining. Now, it may be possible for some type of implementation that would automatically open voice command when you get a text, but I don't think that exists.

OP
M

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Well occasionally, when the screen is locked and I received a text, I can simply unlock it and theres a microphone button and I can press the button and say my text back. But I don't see it in Handcent.

mjs31

Reaction score
Well occasionally, when the screen is locked and I received a text, I can simply unlock it and theres a microphone button and I can press the button and say my text back. But I don't see it in Handcent.

Oh I see. I thought you were talking about not having to hit a button at all. I used to use Handcent and know there is the speak to text feature, but not sure if it is doable as part of the pop up. I know you can set softkeyboard but not sure on that one. Sorry for the original mix up...hopefully someone else can answer this.