Double handcent notifications (not what you think)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The other side to that is maybe sally's device is pushing the text twice. People say mine does that sometimes. Though I can't figure out why

Yep .. I had that happening to and it turned out it was the other person sending it twice, seems to happen more when your receiving a text from someone not on your network.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
The other side to that is maybe sally's device is pushing the text twice. People say mine does that sometimes. Though I can't figure out why

Yep .. I had that happening to and it turned out it was the other person sending it twice, seems to happen more when your receiving a text from someone not on your network.

Thats why VZ is best

M

Matth3w

Had this happened before, it was a problem with handcent for me. That's why I deleted it and use Chomp now.

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HOW TO STOP DOUBLE TEXTS:

1st Solution = Handcent, Menu, Settings, Retrieve Messages Settings, at the bottom UNCHECK "Self Check" This MAY lead to some messages not being saved- there is then the 2nd solution below.

2nd Solution = Have "Self Check" CHECKED and remove Mms.apk via adb shell after mounting yout system-
Code:
rm /system/app/Mms.apk

Reaction score
HOW TO STOP DOUBLE TEXTS:

1st Solution = Handcent, Menu, Settings, Retrieve Messages Settings, at the bottom UNCHECK "Self Check" This MAY lead to some messages not being saved- there is then the 2nd solution below.

2nd Solution = Have "Self Check" CHECKED and remove Mms.apk via adb shell after mounting yout system-
Code:
rm /system/app/Mms.apk

Solution 1 seems to have done the trick! Thanks KrazyKrivda!