Question about Froyo

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Im to the point where Im going for it when it comes to rotting my Droid.But My question is when I want to run a Froyo ROM I have to install the leaked patch of it correct?
lol...I honestly wish I know someone close to me that could do all of this for me hehehe
I know Im a pain! ;o)

gixxerboy

Reaction score
Well since the source has been released they won't be ported they will be built specifly for the droid now and what state do you live in id help if I'm close

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Im in Northwestern PA...Right on Lake Erie.lol.....I just would LOVE someone who knows that is is there doing to ROOT my Droid and show me how to install custom ROMS.I don't want to kill my Droid I LOVE her to much! ;)

gixxerboy

Reaction score
Darn last year I lived in pa right outside of philly now in live in the big turd known as va. If I'm right there is a post that will give you step by step directions ill try to find it and give you the link

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Thanks. :).....If anyone does live close PLEASE let me know.lol...Id honestly rather have someone who knows what there doing ROOT my Droid then me do it and end up screwing it up....I may give it a shot anyway. ;p

eliassami5

Reaction score
its almost impossible to screw up rooting your DROID, there is always a way to bring it back to life. But i understand if you dont feel comfortable doing it, im in cali so i cant rly help lol

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
lol Thanks! Im going to go ahead and root but how can I root but Im going to stay on rooted 2.1...My next question is what ROMS can I use for 2.1 and if I decide to go to 2.2 how so? lol

eliassami5

Reaction score
there are many many roms for 2.1 and you can go to 2.2 any time when rooted. But you will have to wipe all data when you want to go between 2.1 and 2.2.

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
When I do Root..Will I loose all my apps? Will I have to reinstall? I think thats my biggest concern.lol

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO if you're thinking of rooting you really need to be able to take the initiative and do the research. There's a whole section here dedicated to hacking and custom ROM's and there are step-by-step guides available as well. This site is an excellent resource but you have to actually use it.

As for what ROM to use, that's a personal judgment call. You could start with the most popular (look at activity levels in the dedicated forums for a rough idea) or you could read up on each and see if one sounds better than another to you. It really boils down to trying them out and seeing what suits you best though.