android guru's

Sidewind

Reaction score
Hey all you android guru's i have a question where can i go to easily learn the android/linux stuff..im good with windows PCs but dont know much about android/linux if someone could point me to a good site/reading material that is easy to understand it would be much appreciated

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
for linux i recommend Knoppix.net

I'm no Linux guru, i just use to it save files when i work on a computer with BSoD

JayMonster

Reaction score
To what level are you looking to garner guru status? As a User? An admin? A Programmer? It really depends on what you want to do and how much time you want to dedicate to it.

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
To what level are you looking to garner guru status? As a User? An admin? A Programmer? It really depends on what you want to do and how much time you want to dedicate to it.

at this point in time somewhat of a user..seeing as how the droid is now rooted i would like to know what some of the commands are and what they do..as for time i have plenty of it but i like to know what im telling my computer (in this case phone) to do like the MV command and such

JayMonster

Reaction score
Then, personally I would stick to the forums (like this one, and others like it... though few compare when it comes to Droid specific stuff). Check out the Droid Hacks Forum and read up there... it is an excellent place to start. (I think)

OP
Sidewind

Sidewind

Reaction score
Then, personally I would stick to the forums (like this one, and others like it... though few compare when it comes to Droid specific stuff). Check out the Droid Hacks Forum and read up there... it is an excellent place to start. (I think)

yes ive been reading alot of it..however they tell me how to do things but i want to know what it is im exactly doing like when i type MV what is it doing..whats the command that its doing..like i know what SU is (super user) RW (read write) RO (read only) but there are alot of commands i dont know and would like to know what they are and what they are doing