Quake

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
is the interface better than Doom's ? i had trouble adjusting to Doom..

J

JohnDroid

I'm going to have to say no, pretty hard to play... I couldn't figure out how to remap keyboard keys but that would be the only way it would be possible.

Natolx

Reaction score

I'm going to have to say no, pretty hard to play... I couldn't figure out how to remap keyboard keys but that would be the only way it would be possible.

Couldn't figure out how to remap the keyboard keys? How can it be more obvious.. Options--->customize keys.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I installed it and refunded. I didn't try to turn off some of the graphics, but whenever I crossed animated lighting I got major lag. Controls were manageable but you definitely need to play for a while to adjust.

Certainly brings back memories though :)

Natolx

Reaction score
How do you turn off touch screen inversion? Its really annoying... and the turn off mouse inversion doesn't work.

sqchram

Reaction score
I've been editing the config.cfg file to save the keymappings that I want - I've got most of them down 'Q' 'A' for left, 'W' forward, 'E' 'D' for right, 'S' for back, 'D-pad and press' for look and attack, 'shift' for jump, del (backspace) for menu, and 'c' for console, crosshair '1' for on, 'z' weapon change.

The attached file config.txt rename to config.cfg and copy it over in your
quake/id1 folder - first rename your original config.cfg as a backup like configbak.cfg or something similar.

Its not really refined, and there may be other changes that would make the interface better - anyone feel free to modify, update and post.

Last edited: