ASAP Save Quake 1 & 2 Install File - ID Copyright Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I knew there was a reason for the removal of Quake 1 on the marketplace. ID is upset that people beat them to the punch of porting it and they are probably upset that EA Sports just abandoned ship on their current project Rage :p

At the moment I cannot save the installation files for either Quake 1 or Quake 2. If any of you have gotten the game from the market or AndroLib...please save the file.

I rarely condone copyrighted software but this is about the originals and classic person shooters of gaming . If ID wants to be lazy and not port them over, then what other choice did we have?

If anyone has these files please message me.

(For the record I own both games on my old PC)

Silverwing

Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around, ID jumped ship on EA because EA has all these really dumb installation rules on their games that everyone hates.

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
Apparently with EA wanting to "cut down" on the amount of game releases they decided to nix Rage and some other publisher picked it up. That's a PR statement though.

It's rating is set for T, so I am already beginning to have doubts about this game.

Personally it does not matter to me who publishes the game but I think it would make sense if EA thought the game would be any good they would keep it to profit. Irrelevant to the actual game being good or not and its not like EA is some know all-powerful judge on FPS related games but it doesn't make sense to cut it unless they saw no potential. ID was trying to hype it over the summer too so it's not unknown in game circles. Nice of EA to publicly come out and still support the game though I guess.

But why not use it and abuse it for profit? Doesn't bode well for the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.