quadrant test scores? 1200 - isn't that low?

angelman

Reaction score
What kinds of scores are people getting from quadrant on the nexus?
My GN is getting about 1200 which seems low. Even on their bar chart results it says that a droidX running 2.2+ gets higher!
My friends has rooted his GN and is overclocking at 1350 but I believe that is only a little higher than stock. I think he is getting 2-3 times higher values on quadrant.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Did you re take the test? Sometimes you gotta do it twice to get more accurate results.

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
I took the test about 3 or 4 times. One time I turned off as many apps as posisble eg. facebook and got the score up to about 1300. I was suprised though by how much faster my friends rooted GN was given that the overclocking seemed fairly moderate.
Of course I realise that the quadrant is just a test and does not reflect reality but my phone does seem at times a little sluggish

Creed

Reaction score
Quadrant is not optimized for dual core processors. Try AnTuTu and get back to us. With AnTuTu any score over six thousand is great and over five thousand or so is still well above average.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I took the test about 3 or 4 times. One time I turned off as many apps as posisble eg. facebook and got the score up to about 1300. I was suprised though by how much faster my friends rooted GN was given that the overclocking seemed fairly moderate.
Of course I realise that the quadrant is just a test and does not reflect reality but my phone does seem at times a little sluggish

Quadrant isn't optimized for dual cores. Benchmarks don't always reflect real world performance, quadrant is one of the worst benchmarks as it is very easy to get "good" scores or "bad" scores by a a few tweaks. Antutu or CFBench are a bit better imo. Somewhere in the 6k range is about on par with the norm for both of those benches.

[rant]I am not a fan of benchmarks for phones though, I like to test real world performance. If I don't notice sluggishness in my day to day usage, then I have a good setup. If I notice slowdowns, then perhaps I need to figure out where the problem is and change/fix it. I am not saying don't use benchmarks, I know people love comparing them. Just don't get fixated on going for the high score, when for the most part they don't really mean much.[/rant]

KillerVamp

Reaction score
1300 seems really low I'm scoring much higher. What kernel are you running man? I'm on Franco's and its amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327307040611.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1327307040611.png
    56 KB · Views: 561
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327307081205.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1327307081205.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 326