Quadrant Scores?

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
Why is it that a stock nexus one on 2.2 scores higher in quadrant than a hacked and tweaked droid incredible also running 2.2? they both have the same processor and are very similar in build as far as i know. i know a few 2.2 incredible roms such as those by adrynalyne can beat the 2.2stock nexus, but most dont even seem to come close. why is this? and no, HTC sense is not the reason why

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
It could be things like available memory or graphics even. I noticed that I get higher scores after I have some apps installed for some reason.

Serialkilla

Reaction score
Because Quadrant is BS. I ran it 4x in a row,all with different scores. 1137, 1214,1287,1366.

Here's a run I just did now,it starts at and ends at about the same score,and I didn't do anything on the phone,ran them consecutively. I just don't buy it...sorry.

Last edited:

htc(hot-taco-cheese)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Because Quadrant is BS. I ran it 4x in a row,all with different scores. 1137, 1214,1287,1366.

Here's a run I just did now,it starts at and ends at about the same score,and I didn't do anything on the phone,ran them consecutively. I just don't buy it...sorry.

COMPLETELY TRUE! If you mount data from recovery and then run quadrant you get over 2000.

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
I mainly use it to see the animations it plays and how smoothly they play, not sure why though. haha.

PatHoge

Reaction score

COMPLETELY TRUE! If you mount data from recovery and then run quadrant you get over 2000.

What does mounting the data actually do? And how do you do it exactly?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It could be things like available memory or graphics even. I noticed that I get higher scores after I have some apps installed for some reason.

I went to Verizon and installed quadrant on the Fascinate and it only got a high score of 850. The fascinate has about 128mb of RAM dedicated to graphics out of the 512mb that they say it has, and it also has a 1gig processor so why would.it not get a good quadrant score? Also it ran the 2d test at around 20fps and 3d tests each at around 40fps or more. I would assume that having a higher frame rate in these tests would boost its score a lot more but it did not. So I would have to agree that quadrant is BS as well. Plus my Droid with ChevyNo1's SS v4.7 Rom and his 1.1ghz ulow kernel clocked at only 550mhz was getting quadrant scores of 1180, and then when clocked at 1.1ghz I get a score of 1390 (these were high scores after 5 tests). That's not a big difference when doubling the clock speed. The 1180 is real close to the stock Droid X and 2 scores I clocked at Verizon as well. Also for these tests I installed Task Panel X on all the above-mentioned phones, (that's the task killer I use) and killed all running tasks before starting quadrant.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

PatHoge

Reaction score

I went to Verizon and installed quadrant on the Fascinate and it only got a high score of 850. The fascinate has about 128mb of RAM dedicated to graphics out of the 512mb that they say it has, and it also has a 1gig processor so why would.it not get a good quadrant score? Also it ran the 2d test at around 20fps and 3d tests each at around 40fps or more. I would assume that having a higher frame rate in these tests would boost its score a lot more but it did not. So I would have to agree that quadrant is BS as well. Plus my Droid with ChevyNo1's SS v4.7 Rom and his 1.1ghz ulow kernel clocked at only 550mhz was getting quadrant scores of 1180, and then when clocked at 1.1ghz I get a score of 1390 (these were high scores after 5 tests). That's not a big difference when doubling the clock speed. The 1180 is real close to the stock Droid X and 2 scores I clocked at Verizon as well. Also for these tests I installed Task Panel X on all the above-mentioned phones, (that's the task killer I use) and killed all running tasks before starting quadrant.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

I find that crazy because my brother got a fascinate a few weeks ago. He rooted it and sent me a screen capture of his Quadrant score, which was higher than I have ever seen on ANY phone: 2200! I don't understand that...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I find that crazy because my brother got a fascinate a few weeks ago. He rooted it and sent me a screen capture of his Quadrant score, which was higher than I have ever seen on ANY phone: 2200! I don't understand that...

Did your brother install froyo on his fascinate? That might help boost the score. But 2200 is the highest I have ever heard of.

PatHoge

Reaction score
Nope, rooted 2.1. I still can't figure out out how he scored that high.

dbu

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Quadrant scores don't translate into real world performance.

Sent from Uranus