Pushing buttons with my cheek during a call ... am I the only one?

radikha.nam

Reaction score
First off ... wanna say this is my first post, although I'm always browsing I finally registered. So this should be fun. I've had my droid since it first came out & I liked it, but I've fallen in love since the last couple mths.

Except for ... the annoying beeps the poor caller on the other line has to put up with from time to time. My darn cheek is always pushing the numbers when I'm on the phone! I've clicked the top button, locking the phone, in the beginning of the conversation but after a couple of jokes & gossip stories it manages to unlock & the obnoxious beeps begins. Anyone else ever have this issue or are my cheeks just extremely large & I've never noticed? My phone before the Droid was this little touchscreen Dare from Verizon as well & this never happened! Well if this has happened to anyone else, please share & provide any advice.

Thanks!

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
First off ... wanna say this is my first post, although I'm always browsing I finally registered. So this should be fun. I've had my droid since it first came out & I liked it, but I've fallen in love since the last couple mths.

Except for ... the annoying beeps the poor caller on the other line has to put up with from time to time. My darn cheek is always pushing the numbers when I'm on the phone! I've clicked the top button, locking the phone, in the beginning of the conversation but after a couple of jokes & gossip stories it manages to unlock & the obnoxious beeps begins. Anyone else ever have this issue or are my cheeks just extremely large & I've never noticed? My phone before the Droid was this little touchscreen Dare from Verizon as well & this never happened! Well if this has happened to anyone else, please share & provide any advice.

Thanks!
Well there is a sensor in the Droid that should notice when you have your phone to your cheek so your screen should stay black all the time. I've only accidently hung up a call once and it hasn't happened before that. I don't think I have pressed any other buttons other than end call with MT cheek. I don't know of a solution but I wanted to share some information.

Sent from my Droid

ConqSoft

Reaction score
People with long hair, long sideburns, large earrings, etc have had issues with the proximity sensor not turning off the screen. Any of those apply to you?

bloodstains

Reaction score
Definitely always hitting the mute button with my cheek. Wish there was an app that disabled the mute button or something, I have never used that in my life.

J

Johnly

Dunno, my sensor blacks out the screen when it gets near my face, so I have never had that issue?? I hear people with round cheeks like baseballs may have their cheek on the screen, but the sensor will be 3 inches away? Possible I suppose?? Rock the phone towards your ear, maybe that will help??

OP
R

radikha.nam

Reaction score
I do have longer hair, usually wear studs in my ears. Hmmm & what sensor are we talking about that blacks out the screen? I don't believe mine does that.

gmagic37

Reaction score
Try a battery pull after you turn it off.This happened to me once and thats what it took to fix it.

cdub998

Reaction score
My wife would do this all the time. I looked into it and got her screen suite. That allows you to lock the screen even if the display comes back on in a call. you have to slide to unlock it. Something to look into if you do it a lot. You can get a demo of it also.

aldaudio

Reaction score
ive accidentally pressed the mute button with my cheek numerous times, and it gets very annoying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

radikha.nam

Reaction score
Now downloading the Screen Suite Trial. It's only for 2 days so if it works I'm sure I'll be investing 1.99 very soon.

Thank you!

krpiper

Reaction score
yeah I've hit the mute button or I've pushed abutton where it goes to the "phone dialing" screen and that mutes the call too

HirolMalt

Reaction score
I've used Screen Suite for a month: the app's worth it! I no longer have issues with the mute and voice mail buttons.