PUSH EMAIL by "System Seven"

usermmg

Reaction score
Last edited:

s-one

Reaction score
so how does this work? do you have to create an account with 7, then in 7 setup an account to start pushing with?

txskeets

Reaction score
Ok, I have to question this file. Why did you just give the link to some file on a hosting service rather then the website of system seven? I have a problem installing some random file to my droid that didnt cone directly from the company that made it.

txskeets

Reaction score
In addition after reading the system seven website, though they support Android, the Moto Droid is not yet on the list of supported phones and if you want to download the program they want you to sign up for the beta.

s-one

Reaction score
Well what spooks me about this too is the fact the OP said: "here's a program that i've used for years" but the product is in Beta. Granted some proggies can be in Beta for years.. but when you couple that with a public file storage site... dunno about this. :)

OP
U

usermmg

Reaction score
Update to all... the file is totally legit- I put it on my on my file hosting site simply because if you browse Seven's site you'll notice that you have to sign up for the beta service and just finding the file on their site can be a chore. I love helping people get the most out of their devices and would never do any crazy ..ish. visit some of the samsung omnia forums and do a search for "Usermmg".... you'll see that I just want to help... nuff on that- this seven program works just fine on our droids... only thing is it's pretty much useless if you just use gmail for your main email because droid already pushes that. Another thing is with seven; it'll create another email handling application.. so basically you'll get double messages unless you delete the default accounts already on your phone and use seven exclusivly... hope this clears things up folks... thanks

OP
U

usermmg

Reaction score
Well what spooks me about this too is the fact the OP said: "here's a program that i've used for years" but the product is in Beta. Granted some proggies can be in Beta for years.. but when you couple that with a public file storage site... dunno about this. :)

No harm no foul :0) I understand your concern. I've been using this program on windows mobile devices for years and was excited to see that android supports it because it has worked so well for me.

s-one

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Usermmg.. So this runs as a client on the Droid like say Touchdown or something? Normally push would work as a services running on some server pushing the mail to the clients. Just tryin to get clarification how the how app works.

Thanks!

OP
U

usermmg

Reaction score
yes it works as a seperate email client that always runs in the background- when email arrives seven syncs with their servers and with the app on your phone... instant email:icon_ banana: ( theoretically )