[TOOL] Android Job Box v2.00 [Mar 18, 2016] [Un/Lock | Bak/Res | Recovery | Optimize]

dip_anker

Reaction score
It's a great tool. Is it supported for Asus zenfone 2 (4gb/32gb) variant?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
It's a great tool. Is it supported for Asus zenfone 2 (4gb/32gb) variant?

This is designed to be "universal". I say that in quotes because I promise it wont work with EVERY phone, but SHOULD work with about 95% of them. Some commands are not present in my script that would be used on older devices. But chances are very high, your phone should be supported.

Things like the backup/restore portion. I have it coded to take from "/sdcard/. On older devices, thats actually "external storage". On newer devices, its technically "internal storage", and "/sd-ext/" is the external storage. That part of the script will have to be heavily rewritten if Im going to support older devices 100%. There will have to be some kind of check in place to test for the existence of one (/sdcard/, no microsd), or both (/sdcard/ & /sd-ext/, with microsd). Thats not as easy as it sounds. Windows batch scripts are very limited in what they can do, and trying to get exactly what you want out of one is a big pain. I dont know how to make an actual Windows executable to do this, or I would have by now. lol

dip_anker

Reaction score
This is designed to be "universal". I say that in quotes because I promise it wont work with EVERY phone, but SHOULD work with about 95% of them. Some commands are not present in my script that would be used on older devices. But chances are very high, your phone should be supported.

Things like the backup/restore portion. I have it coded to take from "/sdcard/. On older devices, thats actually "external storage". On newer devices, its technically "internal storage", and "/sd-ext/" is the external storage. That part of the script will have to be heavily rewritten if Im going to support older devices 100%. There will have to be some kind of check in place to test for the existence of one (/sdcard/, no microsd), or both (/sdcard/ & /sd-ext/, with microsd). Thats not as easy as it sounds. Windows batch scripts are very limited in what they can do, and trying to get exactly what you want out of one is a big pain. I dont know how to make an actual Windows executable to do this, or I would have by now. lol
U guys do a great work. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Script has been updated again! There were a LOT of changes on this one. It might not seem like it, but almost 300 lines of code were changed. I found some bugs, pulled some of my remaining hair out, and polished up a few sections. Created subroutines to make future code expansion easier, and tested this over almost 11 hours today.

Also, check out my git account for what the changes look like in diff format. Maybe some of you are interested in how it changes from a code point of view.

chevycam94/Android_Job_Box · GitHub

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
This will only aid in unlocking bootloaders where the device has an unlockable bootloader to begin with. This doesn't crack bootloader security, it just issues the unlock command for already unlockable bootloaders.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Uploaded v1.70. Added batch APK install from local PC folder, easier to read main menu, and some performance optimizations. Link to my GITHUB source is also in the OP.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Lol. I tried for weeks to make it turn my Tuscani into a GTR, but so far no luck.

Take your time. I am playing around with another project too.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
v2.00 has been uploaded! Fixed a couple major bugs. Somehow they got past me for the past couple months.

I just came across a couple more bugs. Most are fixed now, in my local source, so when I get a chance, I will push the changes to GIT, and put out a new version of Job Box.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJM