Purple notification led????

smmfc

Reaction score
Since the new update every time my screen is off a purple notification light starts blinking. Does anyone know what it means or maybe have the same issue so i know there's not nothing wring with my phone lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Since the new update every time my screen is off a purple notification light starts blinking. Does anyone know what it means or maybe have the same issue so i know there's not nothing wring with my phone lol.

Do you have something like softlite or other app that enables you to modify/change LED notifications installed?

mattman5000

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen. A blue led flashing. I thought it was strange since I had never seen anything but green. The led was flashing blue, but there were no new notifications. It turns out that I had an unread text message from earilier in the day. I am using handcent for text messaging. It has a setting for notification color, which was set to blue. Maybe the update changed something which allows the application (Handcent) to change the led color.

KGreis

Reaction score
Blue is for facebook red is for dead and purple is idk lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have something like Light Flow LED Control installed, it tends to do that... not sure why, but it could be that (or similar app).

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
I don't have any app on my phone for led color that's what's confusing me. I've only seen green red and blue I didn't even know purple was on it lol.

donnie5336

Reaction score
Mine did that once for an unknown reason. I powered off and back on and it stopped.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't have any app on my phone for led color that's what's confusing me. I've only seen green red and blue I didn't even know purple was on it lol.

You might want to run away right now. That's the "armed nuclear detonator" indicator. When it turns from purple to red, you have ten seconds.

Ainot

Reaction score
Same thing

Same thing is happening to me, I had to do a factory reset recently because the new update made my sound randomly shut off, and ever since then it's been happening, a couple days now.

mack1951

Reaction score
I use the Yahoo Mail App and that has a purple notification when I have new mail. Must be some app your using.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I use the Yahoo Mail App and that has a purple notification when I have new mail. Must be some app your using.

That's what the problem is for me...i had downloaded the yahoo mail app and kept getting the purple light..ended up deleting the app......i couldnt figure out how to turn it off..anyone?

tomatofoot

Reaction score
That's what the problem is for me...i had downloaded the yahoo mail app and kept getting the purple light..ended up deleting the app......i couldnt figure out how to turn it off..anyone?

That only flashes when you have e-mails. Are you sure you checked them all?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

GotnFX

Reaction score
I just want it off..i use the yahoo email for junk..n I get alot of junk email daily

bandaidmd

Reaction score
Mine does it too it definatly the yahoo mail app, I had this app on my moto X and was able to turn off the led. Anyone figure out how to turn it off please let me know, other than the led i'm ok with the yahoo mail app.