Purge calendar in Droid to re-load from Google - duplicates after Companion Link sync

marlopoohbear

Reaction score
Hello. I've done some reading on the forums, but can't find the answer, so I turn to you.

I downloaded Companion Link to sync Outlook to Google to Droid. Stupidly, I STARTED with two-way sync, which gave me two of everything. So on Google, I got rid of all addresses, and did a one-way sync from Outlook to Google. So far so good.

Also stupidly, I did a two-way initial sync for calendar, after I had been using the free Google calendar sync tool, resulting in duplicate events. I purged the Google calendar, and did a one-way sync from Outlook to Google, so now my Google calendar has just one event for each event.

However, in the Droid, I have two of every event! Seriously, I don't want to delete the extra Martin Luther King holiday event manually from my Droid for the rest of my life. There must be an easier way!

It makes sense to me to "purge" the Droid calendar, and then reload the Google calendar. I can't find a way to do that. Any ideas?

My thoughts on Companion Link: I think the contacts syncing works fairly slick, I was happier with how the free Google sync works for calendar (I may return to that), and I'm not at all happy with how tasks are synced. They come into Google as a second calendar called "tasks" but then they are all piled up at the top of the Droid calendar screen and unreadable!

I would love to hear some ideas. Thanks for reading.

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
CompanionLink SUCKS!!!!!....i am only in the 14 day trial mind you...but have had trouble and more trouble...jsut like you stated...doubles and doubles and more doubles....

I had your calendar double issue and just purged my google calendare then syncd my phone which inturn purged my phone.

I think i got like 2 days left on the CL 14 day trial and last i heard from them was telling me to contact their support (did and was on hold for 20 and then told to leave a message...still waiting for that call back) or possible up grade to premium ($99). Yea gonna upgrade to a premium support for a product that doesnt work to begin w/. great business plan there!

I am rid of all my doubles now but there are some flaws in their system that i have work arounds for but i dont pay for programs that i have to have workarounds for!

PalmEnvy

Reaction score
Hello. I've done some reading on the forums, but can't find the answer, so I turn to you.

I downloaded Companion Link to sync Outlook to Google to Droid. Stupidly, I STARTED with two-way sync, which gave me two of everything. So on Google, I got rid of all addresses, and did a one-way sync from Outlook to Google. So far so good.

Also stupidly, I did a two-way initial sync for calendar, after I had been using the free Google calendar sync tool, resulting in duplicate events. I purged the Google calendar, and did a one-way sync from Outlook to Google, so now my Google calendar has just one event for each event.

However, in the Droid, I have two of every event! Seriously, I don't want to delete the extra Martin Luther King holiday event manually from my Droid for the rest of my life. There must be an easier way!

It makes sense to me to "purge" the Droid calendar, and then reload the Google calendar. I can't find a way to do that. Any ideas?

My thoughts on Companion Link: I think the contacts syncing works fairly slick, I was happier with how the free Google sync works for calendar (I may return to that), and I'm not at all happy with how tasks are synced. They come into Google as a second calendar called "tasks" but then they are all piled up at the top of the Droid calendar screen and unreadable!

I would love to hear some ideas. Thanks for reading.

The only way I have been able to find to purge your contacts and phone is to do a factory reset. Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
Well i just figured out the CL is a sponsor of the site so wont bash no more...LOL...

I will say that i have since let the trial lapse due to no response from emails or calls...deleted their software and then started on the prowl again.

I have tried another and before i tried it i sent and email asking if they did everything i wanted..SPECIFICALLY...he replied in like 2 min... PT 1 for them...then stated they would refund if not working out!....PT 2....responses came immediately...

Been trying out the software for 3 days now and it works awsome...syncing EVERYTHING in outlook...and when i say everything....i mean EVERYTHING! Seemlessly too! Turn either PC on and it is up and syncing....BAM....so far so good!

Just a FYI....if you want the name let me know...dont know if we can say competing compy info here....since sponsor by other...

wartoxi

Reaction score
Send me the name of the company

well i just figured out the cl is a sponsor of the site so wont bash no more...lol...

I will say that i have since let the trial lapse due to no response from emails or calls...deleted their software and then started on the prowl again.

I have tried another and before i tried it i sent and email asking if they did everything i wanted..specifically...he replied in like 2 min... Pt 1 for them...then stated they would refund if not working out!....pt 2....responses came immediately...

Been trying out the software for 3 days now and it works awsome...syncing everything in outlook...and when i say everything....i mean everything! Seemlessly too! Turn either pc on and it is up and syncing....bam....so far so good!

Just a fyi....if you want the name let me know...dont know if we can say competing compy info here....since sponsor by other...

please provide me with the name of the company

nocdevon

Reaction score
CompanionLink

Not sure what exact issues you were having with CompanionLink but I will tell you that I have this product and have been extremely pleased with it.
I sync Outlook to my phone and have no issues, I do it via USB as I dont trust Google. AND when I have Gsync enabled on my phone and sync with Companionlink I get duplicates.

To purge the contacts off of your phone:
From the home screen press Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/contacts storage then hit the "clear data" button.

Make sure you have a good contact list inside of DejaOffice or at least a good backup of your contacts on Google or Outlook before doing this.

I am pretty good with CompanionLink so let me know if you have any questions.

budhisetiawan

Reaction score
that post is almost a yr old so i cant remember...what i do know is I still stand by the program i recommended...

I have been using it w/ no hickups and his CS response rediculous (in a good way!!!lol!

Google does something and w/n a day or 2 he comes up w/ an update...no worries...its awsome!

mryanaz

Reaction score
Purging contact data

Not sure what exact issues you were having with CompanionLink but I will tell you that I have this product and have been extremely pleased with it.
I sync Outlook to my phone and have no issues, I do it via USB as I dont trust Google. AND when I have Gsync enabled on my phone and sync with Companionlink I get duplicates.

To purge the contacts off of your phone:
From the home screen press Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/contacts storage then hit the "clear data" button.

Make sure you have a good contact list inside of DejaOffice or at least a good backup of your contacts on Google or Outlook before doing this.

I am pretty good with CompanionLink so let me know if you have any questions.

I have tried numerous times to purge my contact list following your steps and the contact list is intact and a royal mess. Yes, CompanionLink was my sync choice but I have since removed it. I am on a Nexus S. Perhaps Google changed the purge process? I have over 12K contacts due to the duplicates. Any help is appreciated.