Pulsar mod/"rom" work on Telus Milestone?

ForBirdie22

Reaction score
Does the Pulsar mod/"rom" work on the Telus Milestone?

It seems like you can install the Pulsar without being rooted, is this true?

big_adventure

Reaction score

I don't think so. The hack that we all use to root, run adb shell (and therefore nandroid) from Recovery, and basically do anything else from a custom update.zip file depends on a recovery version from a 2.0 or 2.0.1, 1.14 phone. If you have any 2.0 Milestone, OR a 2.0.1 Milestone with a 1.14 recovery, you can do things like this without root, but I don't think that you can do any of them with a Telus phone, because we don't yet have a vulnerability for it.

OP
F

ForBirdie22

Reaction score
thanks,

I guess we can install the individual apks from the 2.1 port.

DAGr8

Reaction score

IF you dotn care about 3g (internet speed ) and can live with EDGE speeds , you can always flash an 'sbf' file via RSDlite , then you would have a rootable phone and you could install any pulsar rom as well as use any of the mods/hack possible on the stone , if you are willing to do this , I would try one of the 2.0 (instead of 2.1) from South america , since they use same 3G bands , you could then confirm it istill work and you could use the pulsar rom on them , but once you do apply any of the current mods like nandroid backups or 'rom' you will lose 3g speeds , let us know what you do and the results ..

if you need help on flashing your phone it is very easy to do just let us know ....

OP
F

ForBirdie22

Reaction score
I'd rather not lose 3G speed so I'm just going to play the waiting game and see what motorola does with 2.1.

Pulsar rom is ok, but since i installed all the individual apks, except for live wallpaper since that won't work, i'd rather have a custom rom like BB that can overclock.

big_adventure

Reaction score
I'd rather not lose 3G speed so I'm just going to play the waiting game and see what motorola does with 2.1.

Pulsar rom is ok, but since i installed all the individual apks, except for live wallpaper since that won't work, i'd rather have a custom rom like BB that can overclock.

I think that you will be waiting for an unfortunately long time.

OP
F

ForBirdie22

Reaction score
Yeah Motorola just updated their 2.1 status website, its says Q2 for the Telus version. so another 4 months at least.

DAGr8

Reaction score
Quick Question , granted having 3G IS agreat feature , and I have been trying many (if not all ) the possible mods in order to have it workin on my Euro Stone but truth is when I was doing some testing I had to reanable GPRS service / EDGE / 3G , because I have them turn off , why you may ask ? because here in Canada ALL those data plan are a rip off , none of them will let you use your phoen without costing you an arm , when the Teluls stone got release I had mixed feelings becuase ya I like to have a 'full featured phone' but now that I see what Motorola has done to the telus version I am glad I did not wait ( 3 month) to get theis awesome phone , and btw can you ( or someone else with a Telus version give me the bootloader version ? I am curious if its the same , .. you will find out by powering off the phone and poering it back on while holding Volume up + camera key + power button simulteanously for about 5 seconds then release all , it will then write on the screnn the bootloader version , once there youll have to remove battery then power phone normally .

Dawizman

Reaction score
Quick Question , granted having 3G IS agreat feature , and I have been trying many (if not all ) the possible mods in order to have it workin on my Euro Stone but truth is when I was doing some testing I had to reanable GPRS service / EDGE / 3G , because I have them turn off , why you may ask ? because here in Canada ALL those data plan are a rip off , none of them will let you use your phoen without costing you an arm , when the Teluls stone got release I had mixed feelings becuase ya I like to have a 'full featured phone' but now that I see what Motorola has done to the telus version I am glad I did not wait ( 3 month) to get theis awesome phone , and btw can you ( or someone else with a Telus version give me the bootloader version ? I am curious if its the same , .. you will find out by powering off the phone and poering it back on while holding Volume up + camera key + power button simulteanously for about 5 seconds then release all , it will then write on the screnn the bootloader version , once there youll have to remove battery then power phone normally .

Looks like its 90.74.