PSX4Droid => General Discussion

trev186

Reaction score
PSX4droid V2 1.0.9 (most recent)

I will mention any tweaks used. I am a Nexus 1 on 2.2. Cycle multiplier seems to help on some games which work but feel a tad slow.

I bolded the games I personally have issues with

Let is be said if you use save states from old different versions of this app they are more prone to fail. Load from a memory card when trying new things.

Alone in the Dark-One Eyed Jack's Revenge: Works at full speed in V2 1.0.9

Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare: Runs good in V2 1.0.9

Alundra: Works just fine...should be a SNES game IMO

Arc the Lad 1-3: All 3 work for me

Azure Dreams: Works just fine

Baulder's Gate: Seems to run fine...this game is hard on the eyes on a tiny screen though

Beyond the Beyond: Works

Brave Fencer Musashi: V2 1.0.9 works. Older versions of V2 were giving me a terrible sound buzzing issue

Breath of Fire 3: Runs fine for me

Breath of Fire 4: V2 1.0.9 has no issues starting the game, no crashes in menus, and no invisible walls

Bushido Blade 1 and 2: V2 has definitely upped the speed on these. They are the only 3D fighting games i can find that run almost 100%

Castlevania SOFTN: V2 1.0.9 seems to run this fine. Increasing the cycle multiplier helped me on speed. A lot of people are picky on this one but in my opinion it is fast enough to play

Civilization 2: works fine

Command and Conquer: I have not encountered any issues

Dino Crisis 1 and 2: V2 1.0.9 the games run pretty good now. Dino Crisis 1 has stuttering sound but I can still understand them. I find that using DIV Root Counter and increasing the Cycle multiplier helps with the sound

Dragon Valor: No issues for me

Dragon Warrior 7: This game still will not work. the text will not show after I put my name in. Tried all combinations of tweaks and cycle speeds

Driver 1 and 2: No issues

Dune 2000: No Issues

Ehrgeiz: Still too slow to enjoy.

Einhander: works just fine

Eternal Eyes: runs good

Fear Effect 1: V2 1.0.9 is the best this game has ever run

Fear Effect 2: V2 1.0.9 is the best this game has ever run

Final Fantasy 7: Runs well enough for me and I verified that it no longer has submarine glitches

Final Fantasy 8: v2 1.0.9 works perfect the Garden will move and videos play. It may not be 100% but it is worth playing on your phone, even if you just want to play cards!

Final Fantasy 9: v2 1.0.9 I have confirmed that the Dali Airship crash is no longer present and that the crash points in disc 3 and disc 4 are safe as well. I assume that the others I had found previously are fixed as well

Final Fantasy Tactics: Works fine for me

Front Mission 3: Well I heard from Zodttd that this works on his Galaxy S phone. For me on my Nexus one everything works fine until I begin to fight with the first robot you encounter in training. At this point the game freezes. I have tried all tweaks and even tried turning the skip battle feature on in game options

Grandia: No problems

Gran Turismo: It is fun as is but could be a little faster

Gran Turismo 2: It is fun as is but could be a little faster

Hoshigami-Ruining the Blue Earth: Works and no one has heard of this game so why do I even bother :p

Hot Shots Golf: V2 works well. I sped up the cycle multiplier on this one a tad for best performance

Jade Cocoon: No issues for me

Legend of Dragoon: Seems fine to me

Legend of Legaia: Happy to say you can play 100% through this game a beat it without any skipping. There is a slow down in battles though when you perform special attacks but it is bearable

Lunar 1: Works fine

Lunar 2: works fine

Mech Warrior 2 31st Century Combat: Works good

Medal of Honor 1: No issues

Medal of Honor 2: no issues

Metal Gear Solid : I use the Integral version which runs about 90% speed and has near perfect audio

Metal Slug X: Still crashes when selecting a character.

Myst: Works well in v2 1.0.9

Parasite Eve 1: I have not had issues but keep in mind I have only done the first few battles in the game enough to test the mechanics as well as to make sure the videos done freeze

Parasite Eve 2: v2 1.0.9 Seems to run fine with Div counter tweak on

Rayman: CDDA not supported

Rayman 2: Runs good for me.

Resident Evil 1: Runs good for me

Resident Evil 2: Runs good for me

Resident Evil 3: Runs good for me

Riven: Runs good for me

Silent Hill: Runs good for me

Soviet Strike: Runs good for me

Star Ocean 2: Runs good for me. no longer has sound issues

Suikoden 1: Runs good for me

Suikoden 2: Runs good for me

Tales of Destiny: Runs good for me

Tales of Destiny 2: Runs good for me

Tekken 3: Too slow to enjoy

Tenchu:Runs good for me

Thousand Arms: This game is ALMOST playable. Basically the audio loads now but there are still graphical errors with the ground and text does not load in the text boxes.

Tomb Raider: CDDA not supported

Tomb Raider 2: CDDA not supported

Tomb Raider 3:Runs good for me

Tomb Raider 4-5:Runs good for me

Twisted Metal 2: Again Zodttd says this should run without issue but for me on my N1 it crashes at the main menu. I have tried all tweaks. This happened after the first release of V2 for me and has persisted. Anyone else have this issue? 1.7 still runs it fine for me so not a big deal

Twisted Metal 4: Runs good for me

Vagrant Story: Runs good for me

Valkryie Profile: Runs good for me. Game takes awhile to test but the intro no longer freezes

Vandal Hearts 1 and 2:Runs good for me

Vanguard Bandits: Runs good for me

Warcraft 2: Runs good for me

Wild Arms: Runs good for me

Wild Arms 2: Runs good for me

Wing Commander 3: Runs good for me

Wing Commander 4:Runs good for me

X-Com UFO Defense: Runs good for me

Xenogears: Runs good for me. Note if you try and load or access your memory card from the games main menu it will not work. It does work fine once you are actually in the game though. I just keep a save state right after the intro. This game is also a good way to copy/delete other games saves off your memory card.

ihodgex

Reaction score
Im trying to get my games burned so I can play them in my phone any suggestions on what program and how to?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3dm0nds0n@

Reaction score
Trying to play tomb raider greatest hits and I get into the menu and when I try to play the game I get a blank screen. Does it take a while to bring up the actual game?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

ihodgex

Reaction score
I have tomb raider gh as well.. but I don't even get to the screen. For me it freezes at the first frame of eidos...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3dm0nds0n@

Reaction score
I downloaded street fight and it plays but slow.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

ASCI Blue

Reaction score
this might be a dumb question but as I'm a n00b I'll take the flames. With the free versions when it says 'load and save' does this mean in game save points don't work or is it for saving anywhere?

beneharris

Reaction score
it means saving anywhere. the in game save point i *think* you can still use. i don't know how he would disable those.

negiman4

Reaction score
I'm having a HUGE problem! I think FF7 works good on my droid x.... it just works TOO good! XD It goes WAAAAAY too fast! About DOUBLE the normal speed! I've looked all over the internet and had no luck... I tried the little tweaks at the top of the menu, nothing works. The BGM (Background Music) is normal, except the sounds are a little distorted. The actual video itself is just running way too fast and is not in sync with the audio. Can someone please help I love FF7! T_T I might be able to put up with the skipping sounds but it would be nice if I could fix that too...

Last edited:

negiman4

Reaction score
Oh come on! I post and then everyone stops talking! T_T Oh, well, i can't expect an answer right away. but it's been more than 72 hours so I'll go ahead and bump. :/ Plz help me, I'm still at figuring this thing out and I still have not figured it out... T_T

Diordna

Reaction score
You're not bumping anything since it's a sticky thread, hince why it's not popular anymore, people don't really look at stickies sadly.

But I would just get a different ROM of FF7 from a different site.

negiman4

Reaction score
You're not bumping anything since it's a sticky thread, hince why it's not popular anymore, people don't really look at stickies sadly.

But I would just get a different ROM of FF7 from a different site.

That is a valid point; what I don't understand is that it works just fine on ePSXe (PC PSX emulator). Sure, this emulator still needs a few fixes, but it should at least be able to function the same way as ePSXe. Lol I had no clue what the difference was between sticky threads and normal threads, so i guess I learned SOMETHING XD. Lol I've never bumped before (still kind of a forums n00b). So thx for the info. What I'm trying to do is find a way to get it to work without downloading the whole 3 discs again! (It took FOREVER)

Did you try setting the cycle multipler to a lesser number?
If by "cycle multiplier" you mean "Screen Refresh Rate" then yes. tried all of the settings the SRR offered. Other than that, I don't see anything in the menu that says something about a cycle multiplier.