Protective Cases

MoNsTeR49

Reaction score
Need a little help. Im using the extended battery on my pro and works great. Only problem is I can not find a case that fits on right. Im currently using the silicone case but its a bit off and its hard to hit the power button. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Need a little help. Im using the extended battery on my pro and works great. Only problem is I can not find a case that fits on right. Im currently using the silicone case but its a bit off and its hard to hit the power button. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

One suggestion...go back to Verizon and get the sleeve/holster combo case. Works great with the extended battery and fits very nicely without much bulk. If you get this case you'll probably need to warm the sleeve to soften it up before the phone will snap into it. That's what I had to do and everything worked fine after that....the warming is a one time deal. See this link:
[video=youtube;QsISpdutaIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsISpdutaIg[/video]

jwgraves

Reaction score
Agreed with shell/holster recommendation. I picked one up right after installing my extended battery and all I had to do was warm the shell up a bit and then it snapped right on. Perfect fit. I tried the clear plastic snap-on cover but never worked - the holes never lined up enough so I could access all the buttons.

tt07

Reaction score
I would recommend the Body Glove case from verizon and I'm also running the extended battery with this case. The BG case has a rubberized texture and make the phone a lot easier to hold on to. It fits very snug and haven't had one problem.

OP
M

MoNsTeR49

Reaction score
All good ideas thanks. One question, what's the safe way to warm up the shell?

bb_or_droid

Reaction score
+1 for the Verizon holster case. I didn't need to warm mine up. I just applied a bit of pressure and it snapped in. I've had zero issues with it since day 1.

tennvol

Reaction score
Hairdryer. I just forced mine on though.

OP
M

MoNsTeR49

Reaction score
Just purchased the shell/holster. I just forced it on and fits great. Thanks for the info plus the textured back makes typing fast and easy.