Profiles

nestey

Reaction score
I am a former BB user, currently using a Droid 2. There was a feature on the BB that I can't seem to duplicate on the Droid. As with both phones I used a Corporate email account. What I could do on the BB was seperate the alert notification between the email and the text. I could turn off the email notification at night but leave on the text notification on so when my children text I would here it. I downloaded an app called quick profile which lets me create diffrent profiles but I can not seperate the text and email notifications. Is there a way or an app that will let me seperate the two.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I saw there might be an update for the d2 that has profiles.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
N

nestey

Reaction score
The quick profile app that I have works fine it just does not seperate the text and email notifications so if there is an update released I hope they seperate the two.

itchn2go

Reaction score
download handcent for SMS (Free) and you can pick your ring tone
Download Maildroid for IMAP email (Free) and you can pick a different tone
for exchange i suggest Touchdown for exchange (paid)

OP
N

nestey

Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this wrong but I have no problem setting 2 different ringtones for SMS and email, I'm looking for an easy way to set a profile to turn off my email (Lotus Traveler) notification while keeping my SMS notification on during the night.

I did use the Touchdown trial until Lotus released the traveler client for the droid. Touchdown is a very nice app. I just opted for the native email client but even with Touchdown when I created a night profile using quick profile it still turned both SMS and email off not just email.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
You might look at a paid app called tasker, its ui is kinda annoying to learn but you can make your phone do almost anything.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Were getting that option with the next motorla ota update. Its something D2G already has

louy99

Reaction score
You can always just open your email, hit options button, hit the plus, settings and uncheck email notifications. Its five steps to do. It sounds like a lot but it really takes like 5 seconds. Id rather do that than use a third party app that may not work sometimes or have bug problems

louy99

Reaction score
I

OP
N

nestey

Reaction score
I know it is only a few extra steps just thought the two should be separate notifications and controlled separately.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know there was a thread on this before and I don't remember seeing a fix for it as far as getting rid of profiles you accidently activate. It was really just an annoyance I don't think it causes any problems but when I sbf'd and they were still there I figured they had to be on the sd card.

So using ES explorer, first you have to go into settings and file settings and scroll down to the bottom and check show hidden files. Then on the sd card go to the Android folder then data then com.motorola.blur.home then click files and finally profiles. Then all you have to do is just long press and delete the profile and background you don't want and you are good to go.

Sorry if this has already been discussed before I just don't remember seeing it so thought I would put it up here in case it bothered others as it did me.