Newbie Intro and Question

njnative96

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am a Droid Newbie, I just came from Crackberry land. I was using a Blackberry 9650 with OS 6. I now have a Droid Pro. I see I have a big learning curve trying to get used to the new OS.

I have a question that I have been looking through forums but cant seem to find the answer to. It is dealing with sound profiles. On my BB, I set up a bedtime sound profile, where I could hear my calendar/alarm, phone calls and text messages, but email notifications was muted. I cant seem to find a profile app that keeps text messages volume on, but silences email. I have tried some different sound profiles apps, but it seems that SMS/MMS are part of notifications, so when I mute notifications (to mute emails) I dont hear the SMS/MMS either. It may indeed be operator error so go easy on me. Please help

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I've had issues myself and still working on it. good luck and have fun

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Reaction score
e-mail volume set and silence

dowload E-mail notifier from andoid market and set all things up from there. if you want each notification to have an app for it too then dowload those as well. any questions . just ask

OP
N

njnative96

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. I read something about SMS Notifier, which appears to be the same developer. So do you recommend I use these over those multi function profile apps that are supposed to control everything in one swoop?

Reaction score
welcome to the matrix

i would say to use whatever application is more applicable for your use. It wouldn't help to experiment with different apps until you get what u like the most. Plus that way u learn more and can help others with the information u have learned from experamenting and come up with awsome ideas with it too!!!