Professional Help Needed!! Widgets and Apps slow to Re-load on Homescreen!

TopDroid

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
This has been a ongoing problem with my phone it seems like. I have a normal ammount of widgets and apps on my 5 homescreens. Nothing too crazy. So whenever I go into a app or use my browser or just get away from my homescreen for a small ammount of time, it takes like 5-7 secs for all my widgets to reload! It doesnt matter what rom im on either. Im currently running LFY 1.6 with Black and bold theme and Slayher's 1200 kernel with ADW(LFY didnt seem to come with a stock launcher)but ive ran other roms with lower OC speeds and with out themes as well. Even when i was stock un-rooted it happened. Will playing around with my profiles in SetCpu help? I Reboot every 2-3 days and that seems to help for a bit but not a solid solution. Im looking for some guidence here. Lets me know any ideas you have have . Im open to any suggestions. I just want speed and no lag on my reloading widgets!!
Thanks guys!!!

joeybarclay

Reaction score
use adw and turn on system persistent in adw settings i had the same problem

datacreek

Reaction score
Yeah, you'll find a lot to read but no "real solution". That's why you were'nt answered here.
The devs need to come out with a patch with an icon cache or something.
Very frustrating and hard to believe it happened.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Redraws are the bane of 2.2. The built-in task killer "kills" the launcher to free up RAM, and the result is a reload/redraw of your home screens. Some ROMs have workarounds that help, but nobody is redraw-immune. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Apps on the SD card have no impact whatsoever. ADW has an option that might help, but it might also cause the occasional crash.

datacreek

Reaction score
Exactly.
When using memory intensive apps the memory used to draw screens is released. That's what I said some kind of icon or screen cache might be a the solution.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

datacreek

Reaction score
Regardless, the devs should fix this number 1 complaint. Should have been addressed in 22d.

tommyz

Reaction score
I thought it was just me. I'm glad to see there is a problem with the system. I was thinking it was an app on my phone.

Rsswga

Reaction score
apps being slow to load ?? mine loaded apps faster when i put the most used apps onto the phone off of the sd card.
oh well