App Icons Load Slow, Launcher Crashes

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
This is something that's been going on since before I rooted. Currently I'm on GSB 2.0 and despite the fact that I've rooted I'm am more than willing to admit that I really still don't know that much about Android in general, so if this is a stupid question, I apologize and feel free to point me in the right direction.

Basically, whenever I exit an app or something, the icons and widgets on my screen won't appear for about 5 secs. Sometimes, they won't appear and a message will come up about how the launcher isn't responding. It's just kind of annoying.

Is there anything I can do to help with this? I've got setcpu and autokiller running on some settings I found on a website about speeding up the Eris. Is it possible that the I'm just expecting too much and the phone has pretty much reached its limit?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Sounds like you need to go into the cyanogenmod settings (i forget exactly where it is but I believe it's in "performance") and check the box that says "lock home in memory" or "keep home in memory" something like that. That should stop it, also, did you wipe the data and dalvik cache when you flashed the rom ? If not, reboot into recovery and wipe data, then wipe dalvik, then reflash the ROM and gapps. Hope this all helps !!

beamer182

Reaction score
I've had the same problem! and I really just followed the directions that spc gave earlier. just check the lock home in memory box under cyanogen mod performance settings, and it will be instantaneous.

OP
Hyposprayer

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to go into the cyanogenmod settings (i forget exactly where it is but I believe it's in "performance") and check the box that says "lock home in memory" or "keep home in memory" something like that. That should stop it, also, did you wipe the data and dalvik cache when you flashed the rom ? If not, reboot into recovery and wipe data, then wipe dalvik, then reflash the ROM and gapps. Hope this all helps !!

I did wipe dalvik before I flashed the ROM. I just did as you said and rebooted. I'll play with it for awhile and return with my findings! Thanks to both of you!