Droid slowing down

wetling

Reaction score
I'm experiencing some serious lag on my Droid. When clicking the Home button to exit an application, my desktop will display, but none of the icons appear for 30+ seconds. I assume it is because my internal storage is low (71.5MB free). I've moved all the applications that give the option to my SD card, and deleted all my sms messages.

I've considered rooting and overclocking, but I'm not sure that'll help.

Any advice?

jchammer123

Reaction score
It will definitely help. That is why I rooted. You need to clear your cache, if you've had your droid for awhile all the cache is bogging your phone down. I believe if you're not rooted all you can do is a factory reset, but double check so you don't have to set everything back up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Its called a redraw and its a known issue. Rooting and putting a custom ROM on the phone along with overclocking solves it. You will still get it occasionally but not as bad as it probably is now. I run project elite 4.2 oc'd to 1.1ghz. I have very few redraws. Good luck!

OP
W

wetling

Reaction score
So, what's the best root guide for someone running the OTA 2.2.2 (FRG83G) and who can follow directions?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Look into easyroot, z4root, and superoneclick. These are all one step click and root apps. They aren't on the market so you will have to search for them here on the forums. Use the Google search, it gets better results. If you want to do it the long way look for rooting with rsdlite. There are so many guides to choose from you need to find one you feel comfortable with. Then read through the comments and see what problems other users might have had. With the D1 it is very easy to root, just a little nerve wracking the first time. I did it via the rsdlite method first, unrooted to try an update, then rerooted using easyroot. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll do my best to help or get someone that can help you. Good luck and have fun with it!

jchammer123

Reaction score
I used SuperOneClick from the xda developers site and it worked great! There's a full video tutorial on how to use on theunlockr.com (spelled like that).

angelbabii25

Reaction score
I have the same problem! it takes forever to just get to my home screen, and sometimes when i go to hit menu the screen is pitch black!
i dont knw what to do, however it is extremely slow! idk if its rooted or not, since this is a refurbished phone- that i got 3 months ago.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Anyone with a stock unrooted phone i would recommend a factory reset. its annoying to reset everything back up but it will speed up the phone.

On the rooting side, i recommend it as i get better battery life and many custom option. My poison is Sourcery Rom. Its excellent.

But in any situation your phone is in, cleaning and reseting often keeps it quick and responsive.