processcom.android.settings

Priqroe

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post in thia forum. Anyway I just got a Droid 3 like a week ago, it's my first time ever to own an android fone, so im not really sure bout what im doing. Today I got this error message 'processcom.android.settings' when I tried to open Call Settings and then gave me notice to force close. I don't knoe if its always been like that cause i think its the first time i tried to open Call Settings since I got my phone, although I remember getting almost the exact error before when I was sending a text message, it was processcom.android.message, I thought it has something to do with the message thread so I just ignored it.

Have any of you got this error before and what did you do? The only thing I remember doing today that may have caused this error was transferring mp3s from my pc to my phone, and then setting one of the songs as my ringtone. =/

Help...

xaelith

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that, personally. However, I don't think transferring music from your PC or settting a song as a ringtone should cause any of it so long as nothing transferred had a virus. Even then, a bug that works on windows or mac usually won't work on linux, which Android is based off of.

As for how to fix it, the only solution I can think of is a factory reset of the phone. It's in Settings > Privacy. The bad part about a factory reset is that it will erase anything that's on the phone, so any apps you've downloaded and all your music files will need to be downloaded or transferred over again.