process system not responding???

penut_gallery

Reaction score
my Rzr keeps rebooting every 45 seconds and blinks a light pink, almost white light.
says process system not responding. what does that mean and how can i fix it?
thank u in advance for ur help

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
my Rzr keeps rebooting every 45 seconds and blinks a light pink, almost white light.
says process system not responding. what does that mean and how can i fix it?
thank u in advance for ur help

This is a new one on me. I want you to try something.

Power the phone off by holding the power button and choosing Power Off on the menu. Wait till it's completely powered off (the screen will go Black).

Now, hold power button and wait for the red M logo. Release power button and then sometime over the next few seconds or so, press and HOLD BOTH Volume up AND Volume down. Don't let go until you see the Lock Screen (about 45 seconds or so).

You will now be in Safe Mode. If the phone is successful in remaining booted and doesn't fail like above, I would point to an app you've installed as the culpret. If it fails while in Safe Mode, then you have a corrupted OS installation. Report back with your results.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score

Power the phone off by holding the power button and choosing Power Off on the menu. Wait till it's completely powered off (the screen will go Black).

Now, hold power button and wait for the red M logo. Release power button and then sometime over the next few seconds or so, press and HOLD BOTH Volume up AND Volume down. Don't let go until you see the Lock Screen (about 45 seconds or so).

You will now be in Safe Mode. If the phone is successful in remaining booted and doesn't fail like above, I would point to an app you've installed as the culpret. If it fails while in Safe Mode, then you have a corrupted OS installation. Report back with your results.

it stopped doing it on its own eventually
so u think it might be an app i installed?
btw...thank u for replying :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
it stopped doing it on its own eventually
so u think it might be an app i installed?
btw...thank u for replying :)

Well I can't say for sure, but a problem like the one you describe sounds like somehow the OS was unable to start an application our process that it needed and so kept rebooting in an attempt to resolve on it's own. It could have been an app that was interfering, our it could have been a corrupted file. Since it apparently resolved itself I would vote app interference. Keep the suggested instructions handy if this problem reoccurs. Otherwise, I am happy to hear it's resolved for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Lizz94

Reaction score
This sounds exactly like the problem I've been having. As you said, it stops on its own eventually. Sometimes after an hour, once as long as 10 hours. I have booted in safe mode, and it happened there as well, indicating to me it's not an app I've installed, but something with the OS. I've also removed the SD card and it happened without it, as well as with a brand new SD card. I have NOT tried a factory reset, which I know it probably the most obvious thing to try, but I've been procrastinating. Plus, I read on another forum that people with similar problems have tried that, and the problem reappeared.

I've noticed that it mostly (maybe always) happens after my phone runs out of battery and dies. Once I turn it back on (either while charging or fully charged again), it goes into bootloop. I've been debating having the phone replaced, but so far have just been trying to avoid allowing the battery to die (not always successfully). It also didn't start happening until about a week after the 2.3.6 update (soak test).

Let me know if you learn anything more about this, and I'll do the same!

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
it only happened once more after i started this thread. actually yesterday. i almost never let the battery run out. i carry a charger thing with me everywhere i go, but i do reboot the phone once in a while. i still do not know what causes this:(
but will update if new info is discovered

dwayneneal

Reaction score
Same problem, but fail in SAFE MODE

My problem started after I moved many apps to the SD card, using an app I probably should not have trusted. But, I also allowed my battery to rundown to a forced close. I later turned on the phone and found the problem the original poster described. I have been deleting apps in safe mode, reinstalled the "Go Launcher Ex" app and I can now go back to normal mode, but it is still force closing every 45 seconds, or so.

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
hmm, most of my apps r on the SD card but i used ultimate back up to move them there. could that be causing the problem? i highly doubt it though. doesnt make sense for that to be the cause...

muhammed.amal

Reaction score
Also in my galaxy note 4 lollipop 5.1.1 also showing system process not responding message always while after power on / restart

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk