please help!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am happy to report that my razr is now working better than ever and is glued to my hand once again!

This experience was very helpful as I have much more knowledge about my razr than I did before. I just might be able to get myself out of any new jam I find myself in. :)

Thank you again FoxKat and all for sharing your knowledge with me and for your patience. You just may hear from me again!

Best Regards,
Tracey

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yippee, another satisfied customer! ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ncshawng

Reaction score
I am happy to report that my razr is now working better than ever and is glued to my hand once again!

Tracey,

I have the same issue -- what exactly did you wind up doing?

So far, I have reset back to factory, formatted /cache, etc, and every time I reload my apps, at some point the same problem returns.

What exactly does the "utility" do (I realize that you may not know, but I am hoping that someone else will jump in and provide info).

The link for the utility would be appreciated as well.

Shawn

OP
traceyjo

traceyjo

Reaction score
utility 1.42

Hi Shawn. I just have to say... utility has become my best friend. I have bricked my phone again since my post and once again that utility saved me.

First you need to download the utility 1.42. FoxKat has the link provided up above.

It will take about an hour for the utility to download onto your computer. Once you have the file downloaded open it up and run it. There will be a list of options that will appear. It's been awhile so I can't remember exactly what they are but I do remember which ones you need to run.

First you will need to run, I believe it is option number 1, but it is the file that will bring your phone back to stock. Once you are back to stock go to settings (on your phone) and do a factory reset. I find this will clean out any remaining corrupted files.

Now go back to your computer and to the utility menu. Select "un root". I'm not sure if that needs to be done but it is what I did.

Once you have unrooted, go ahead and re-root your phone using this utility. (The menu should show you a root option).

You should now be back to stock and rooted once again.

Let me know if you need help with any of it. Good luck!