Problems with phone maybe sensitivity?

Hazel0017

Reaction score
ok so when i try to text someone with swype, i can try to put in a word like dr and i will get r, or something random from the otherside of the keypad. if i try google, its just goes bonkers. like say i try to ask google something, it will only let me input 2 or 3 letters and then its starts putting in things. it will delete a letter and put in 4 more, you hit delete and it will enter and search for something totally unrelated to what you wanted. i was trying to search for where dennys was the other day and it pulled up guy fierri's net worth. i have this problems on anything i type in. i did see the sensitivity thread and i did try that but that really didn't help much. i have a brand new phone like less than a week old. i have the droid razr with verizon. i hope someone will be able to help! Thanks

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Try cleaning the screen with a microfiber cloth and using a fair amount of force. This sometimes happens when oils from your fingers get on the screen.
One more thing, are you using a screen protector?

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
H

Hazel0017

Reaction score
yes i have a screen protector and i have the tap and hold feature set to long.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
It may have some oil under the screen protector if you didn't clean it very well before installing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
H

Hazel0017

Reaction score
i think i did i used the cloth that came with it. also if i touch an icon on the home screen it will activate another. or if im in the app screen with all the apps and i try to flip to the next screen it will activate like 4 or 5 apps. and i have done a reset.

ddfuji

Reaction score
go to settings> developer options> enable show touches. this will show you if something is "touching" the screen. you will see a little white dot if something is, test it with your finger

OP
H

Hazel0017

Reaction score
ok i did that and no white dots. does your phone do this too?

ddfuji

Reaction score
eh, no, every now and then i get something on my screen while im texting and it starts doing that, i just use this developer option to see what part of my screen is being affected and so i know where to clean my screen, if it isnt showing touches while your texting or swyping there isnt a reason it should be doing this, you could try re installing swype, take off your screen protector and see if it still does it.