Problems with LauncherPro

carluverdrm2004

Reaction score
I am told to force close this application SEVERAL times a day.
I tried deleting every widget from my original Home application, and i did the same thing with helixlauncher, then deleted the application itself.
But STILL I have to deal with force closes all the time, and it is just a bother.
Any advice?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's still a beta. Help the dev out and e-mail him exactly what's happening so he/she can fix it.

brochaos

Reaction score
thats weird. are you rooted, OC'd, running a ROM, etc? I'm stock 2.1 rooted and OC'd and launcher pro has not FC'd on me a single time. 5 screens, all filled, handful of widgets, no live wallpapers (but they have worked fine when i tried them).

OP
C

carluverdrm2004

Reaction score
I'm not sure what exactly is happening, it force closes all the time....

And I am not rooted, would that help?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Shouldn't make a difference. I have heard of the occasional problem or FC with Launcher Pro, but nothing to this extent... not that it's not possible, as Ken said, it's still a beta. But it sounds like something is conflicting with it.

How un-helpful was that? :)

OP
C

carluverdrm2004

Reaction score

Shouldn't make a difference. I have heard of the occasional problem or FC with Launcher Pro, but nothing to this extent... not that it's not possible, as Ken said, it's still a beta. But it sounds like something is conflicting with it.

How un-helpful was that? :)

Quite ;)
But thanks.
It just did it again, unlocked the screen and then SORRY! Force Close or Report blah blah blah.

I have widgets on every one of my 7 screens, and folders of apps, and apps themselves as shortcuts.
Any other things you need to know that would help make sense of this problem?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have any other home/launcher's installed?

MuzzleBuster

Reaction score
I tried LauncherPro for a few days and it started looping force close.
Went back to Helix and will wait for Launcher to update. It worked very well at first, would like to have it work all the time!

My Droid is not rooted and I think I had 3 widgets - Power Control, BatteryTime, and Beautiful Home.

Only thing I can think that might affect Launcher would be a task killer. IIRC, it did show up as an app.

For now, it can sit until update pops up in market.

OSX2000

Reaction score
The only time LauncherPro ever FCs on me is when I plug the Droid into its dock (OEM). And it doesn't happen every time, but maybe once every 10-15 times I plug it in. As soon as the screen goes horizontal, LauncherPro's Force Close box pops up, with the Clock app behind it. Force Close is always the only button, no Report or Wait.

Running Ultimate Droid 10 (ESE81) with no task killers, and LPro is always the only running launcher. Stock Home and Helix 1 lay dormant.

carluverdrm2004, are you saying you're still getting force closes, even after uninstalling LauncherPro? What app is closing now?

Last edited:
OP
C

carluverdrm2004

Reaction score
I had helix launcher installed, but I installed it because I liked launcher pro more.
I do have advanced task killer installed.
should I just re install helix and use it until launcher pro is updated?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would uninstall launcher pro and helix, then just install launcher pro, which had a big update this morning that might fix your issues as well

also make sure advanced task killer isn't screwing with it - if there's a way to add it to an "exclude" list or something along those lines

edit: misread the first time that you did NOT have helix installed already... so I would just uninstall your current launcher pro and reinstall the new updated one, then check the task killer

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have noticed an usual amount of f/cs myself the last couple of days, but it does not lad like hl, and I was getting f/c from hl as well. I plan on sticking with launcherpro. I click report but not comment.Hopefully he get a good bug report so he can fix it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just updated the app lets see what happens

Mule65

Reaction score
I found more trouble than benefit with launchers. They instantly add another possible reason for something to not work right.

Last edited:

bump47

Reaction score
I completely uninstalled ATK because you don't need. My phone runs faster now that I don't have it. Also, is SetCPU still causing problems for rooted users? I use BB V. 1.0 so I don't run SetCPU but I was wondering if that is still causing fcs and lag.