LauncherPro Plus problems...

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I had launcher pro, then bought the paid version which is launcherpro plus. Well recently i have been seeing like 2-3 updates in the market every week? Has he really been updating the app this much? Also, everyday i get around 15 force closes for launcherpro plus and it is laggy, is anybody else having these same issues?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I recall seeing one update last week and I have not had a FC related to LP or LPP since I downloaded the app or upgraded to Plus...have you thought about uninstalling LP and reinstalling and then re-entering your Plus unlock code - might help with the lagginess / FC's...

OuHiroshi

Reaction score
I'm using the free version and it works fine, try clearing the cache and reinstall the app?

harrellj

Reaction score
I've not had any problems on my free version either. As for the frequent updates, personally, I'd rather a dev that would push out bug fixes when found and fixed in drips and drabs rather than waiting for one large update. For one, invariably, one of those bug fixes will create a new bug.

LauncherPro has the changelog and timestamps of each update and what was done.

HarshReality

Reaction score
He's really been cranking on widgets for the Pro version and I must say Im loving them but as for the FC issues I had them awhile back and the authors suggestion was to goto applications on your phone.. clear the cache/data for the application and uninstall then reboot and then redownload from the market. I did it at the time and havent had an issue since.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
thank you all for your answers. I downloaded adw in the meantime, and i must say that i actually like it, i guess bc it is just something different. but ima try to fix the launcher pro

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ADW is cool but LauncherPro will always have my heart. I had some redraw issues, but found with the right kernel and settings that was fixed. Great launcher. So customizable, thats why it's my fav.

countryboy498

Reaction score
I'm running LPP on my DX and can't remember the last time I had a force close. In fact I like it so much it is the first thing I tell all new Droid owners to put on their phones as well. As far as the updates, I only got 1 last week as well that I can recall and I am using the paid version.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Yes, Fede does constantly add new features and bugfixes to LP. Mainly, he's adding LP widgets for the Plus version. My favorite new feature is the ability to resize any widget.

When I was using a rooted "stock" 2.2 ROM, LP Plus would run slow and almost always redraw widgets/homescreens whenever I hit the home button. It was painful and annoying, but I stuck with it.

I switched to UD8, and LP Plus runs fantastic. Virtually no lag, and very rarely redraws the widgets. Even the app drawer is lightning-quick. Not sure what the original problem was, just thought I'd give you some hope.