Problems with Froyo 2.2 for droid X?

Slothead

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of issues with 2.2 + DX. Now I see why it hasn't been deployed.
From I am seeing it IS being deployed. I just ordered mine and now I am concerned that it will arrive with all the problems. :(
... edit ... ahh, perhaps you meant 2.2 isn't being deployed (although it is for the D1), instead of the DX.

Last edited:

Slothead

Reaction score

Humpa

Reaction score

Slothead

Reaction score

fishstick600

Reaction score
Yeah the x will ship with 2.1. And no 2.2 is different per device because of different UI's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GThree

Reaction score
Where are you seeing the OTA versions of 2.2 for the DX? I know a couple people personally that own DX's and have not received it, and I have not as well..... If you're seeing it happen, you're lucky.

The only issue I had when I updated the 2.2leak was my GPS was not working, and couldn't locate me. I just did an easy battery pull, and let it sit for a minute, put it back in and the problem was fixed, and it's much faster. IDK why pulling the battery made it faster, but it did. I thought my 2.2 was hauling ass, but once I pulled the bat, **** sped up like a beast.

The only thing I'm worried about is when the OTA starts rolling through, do I need to removed the 2.2 and roll out 2.1? Will the OTA work with the DX on 2.2 leak? That's all I care about, because of what MOTO did with pulling the leak. IDK...I just want it all smooth. lol

Humpa

Reaction score
Where are you seeing the OTA versions of 2.2 for the DX? I know a couple people personally that own DX's and have not received it, and I have not as well..... If you're seeing it happen, you're lucky.

The only issue I had when I updated the 2.2leak was my GPS was not working, and couldn't locate me. I just did an easy battery pull, and let it sit for a minute, put it back in and the problem was fixed, and it's much faster. IDK why pulling the battery made it faster, but it did. I thought my 2.2 was hauling ass, but once I pulled the bat, **** sped up like a beast.

The only thing I'm worried about is when the OTA starts rolling through, do I need to removed the 2.2 and roll out 2.1? Will the OTA work with the DX on 2.2 leak? That's all I care about, because of what MOTO did with pulling the leak. IDK...I just want it all smooth. lol
If the official OTA won't load over the leaked OTA, there will be solutions. The current solution would be to use the sbf and flash back to 2.1, but I imagine once the official OTA gets released, someone will have alternate methods of applying it.

As to the 2.2 OTA confusion in this thread, it was just one of the guys thinking that 2.2 for the D1 was the same as for the DX.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just noticed that my ringer and alarm are not playing the mp3s I am choosing for them as where they did before. Anyone else have that problem?

scf

Reaction score
Same thing here initially, then after a few days and a couple of reboots, they synced up.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah did a battery pull and alarm is working again.